July 14, 2009

Uncle Justin is 28


My brother Justin turned 28 today. There are only 3 children in our family and I am the oldest, then my brother Justin and then my youngest sister Rachel was last in line. I LOVE my brother Justin! He is the best brother, a great friend and the world's BEST Uncle anyone could ask for. My boys absolutely love this guy! I was the first missionary to serve in our family. After about a month in the field I got a call one night from my brother Justin and I was able to be involved and hear him open his mission call. I was so homesick that night. I sure wished I could have been there in person, but I was there on the phone. I was so happy to have been a part of that special moment. He was called to serve in San Antonio, Texas, by the way. From then on, we were the best missionary pen pals that ever were. Justin, can I just tell you how much I loved reading your letters! They were so inspiring and made me want to be as sucessful as you were.
Now he lives just down the road from us and we see him almost every other day seems like. He is such a special part of our lives.

For his birthday today we all took him out to eat at Red Robin for lunch. It was nice to have most of our family together. We were short one person, my brother-in-law Jason. It was the first time my kids had been to Red Robin. They instantly became obsessed with the arcade games and grandpa let them play a few while we were waiting to be seated.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUSTIN! WE LOVE YOU!!!!

1 comment:

Justin Quinn said...

Mel,

Ok, so it is now 3:30 in the morning! I just got home from celebrating, but can I tell you, that your post about me was the BEST part of it all! Sometimes we look at our lives and wonder what it is all about. I saw and felt today, such an outpouring of love, more love than I have ever felt in a long time! I love you SO MUCH!!!! I love your boys!!!!!!! Thank you for making today so special!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Justin