November 3, 2009

Cruises and Babies

Lance has earned a cruise for the both of us in January. We are not planning on taking Owen since we wouldn't really enjoy the vacation if we have to carry him around. He will be about 9 months old. I am alittle hesitant leaving him so young. I need to get him used to formula and a bottle that can last him for a week, and sleeping better than he is now to make it sound tempting to my mom. I am crossing my fingers that she can take this on. We will see. The cruise is Jan. 4-9th. We are going to Mexico. I am really excited. I have never really been on a cruise before. We are going on the Carnival all expense paid trip. I am really excited, but really nervous to leave my children.
Has anyone had to do this before? Leaving your children so young behind. What can I do or what do you recommend that I do to prepart my baby and my children? We went to the Bahamas almost 2 years ago when Andrew was about 15 months old and I was really scared leaving him so young. I hadn't weaned him, and he wasn't sleeping through the night and my saint of a mother took on the task of watching them and they all did great.
So I am open for any bits of advise that you have for me. I am kind of struggling with this one.

3 comments:

Shelli Snyder said...

Mel, my parents went to Hawaii for a similar thing when we were little. My grandma took us and we were just fine. I was older, of course, but the little ones did great. I think talking about it first to prepare their little minds helped. Plus we were all excited in Christmas Day kind of way to see what they'd bring back for us. :)

Kelly and Brittany said...

Kelly and I went to Cancun when Emmie was 9 months old. She did really well and amazingly so did I! My mother in law took care of her while we were gone. Emmie had a little bit of hard time at first, but she was used to being around grandma so she was fine after a day. Owen will be fine, he'll be around familiar people who love him. Go and have fun!

Jaclyn said...

It's so funny that you guys are going on a cruise to Mexico in January.... so are we!! :) We've never left Bree before but we'll be leaving her with one of my friends who is SO good with her. I think thats the most important thing. And I'm sure your mom is great with your boys. The other thing I've learned is that the kids always do better than you expect them to. Just relax; as long as you trust who you leave them with (and you do!) they will be just fine.