November 7, 2009

Volleyball games


My brother Justin has joined a city league team for a co-ed volleyball team with some of his buddies. So friday night they had a match and I took the boys to watch him. My boys were so excited too. It was alittle late but that is ok, I talked up the game to Keaton and Andrew so away we went. We picked up my parents on the way to the game and we had a great time. One of the gals on my brother's team was Juliene. I haven't seen her since high school and when she saw me she came up to me and gave me a huge hug. I feel bad admitting this on my blog, but I couldn't remember her name. Our conversation went something like this :
Juliene: "Melissa, how are you?"
Me " Hey YOU! I am good and you?"
Juliene: " I haven't seen you for a long time, how long has it been?"
Me: "Since high school."
And then she left to go and play her game. It was then that my mom said, "Did you see Juliene Hickenlooper?" That's her name! I felt so bad for not remembering her name,but then I remembered her. Time will do that when you get older. I am showing signs of aging. This is bad!

Of course BSU played the same night and so we had to show our BSU Bronco pride while wearing our jerseys that grandpa got them. So while watching the game, my dad kept us up to date on the game.
We enjoyed our night watching his games. They didn't win but we had a great time cheering him on. Until next game. My boys will be ready. That is all they have talked about. Thanks Justin for inviting us! That made their whole night.

No comments: