December 3, 2009

Its begining to look a lot like Christmas


We are starting to get into the holiday spirit. Last night we took the boys to pick out a Christmas tree. They were so excited this year. So we loaded everyone up in our truck and went into Star for the little local tree lot. We found a great tree for a great price. It was fast, and it was easy. We took it home, decorated it and then we sat and turned all the lights off just to watch it glow. I love the smell of real trees. I am not a fan of the fake trees. There is no fun in them. I don't mind cleaning up the needles, putting water in it and then after it is all said and done, throw it away.

We had a great time decorating it. Andrew, my child, who has treats on his mind 24/7 was looking at the old candy canes I think we have had for about 2-3 years and all he could do was think about eating them. After a few minutes of putting up the lights and sorting out the ornaments, I couldn't find Andrew. I had my suspisions, and where did I find him? In the laundry room eating that stinkin old candy cane. He loved it and I was happy he did. He will find an opportunity to have sneek candy any time. My favorite is whenever we go to my parents house or whenever they come to our house, the first thing Andrew will say is " You have any treats?"
I can't believe we are just 3 weeks away.
Santa called our home on Wednseday. My dad had done it ever since Keaton was tiny. This year, they could tell it was him. I felt so bad. I didn't think they would recognize his voice.




I told the boys to come quick because it looked like the North Pole was calling. Keaton got so excited, he ran into the room and answered the phone and when "Santa" answered and said "HO HO HO, Merry Christmas," Keaton stook back and said "Thats Grandpa!" I hope this doesn't destroy his image of Santa. He is still excited that he called. He keeps talking about it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

laneyfamily said...

Your house is lookin good~