January 16, 2010

Things I need to work on


Seems like no matter how mad I can sometimes get at these two, I can never stay that way for more than a couple of minutes. After cleaning the entire house from top to bottom, feeling good that I got it all done, I come down stairs to find the fridge open, milk all over my newly moped floor, raisins all over the carpet I just vacumed, and toys everywhere. Does it get more frustrating than that? The answer I have come to find out for myself is YES! I wasn't looking for that answer but I realized that this is all just a small part of the journey. What is a childhood without scars, temper tantrums, and messes to show for itself? It is a must, and last night I was reading Pres. Monson's talk a few conferences back when he explained that one day this will all be gone and you will look at those clean windows, clean floors and much smaller piles of laundry and wish it all back. Funny to believe that one day someone could miss it all. I have learned to sit back and enjoy the journey. I have made a few resolutions for the new year:
- work out 3 days a week
- scripture reading in privacy for 10 minutes every day
- become more personal in prayer
- spend more time with my children in meaningful activities and spend more one on one time with them
- advertise my photography buisness
- learn more about photography
-  more support for Lance in his proffession.
- learn to become more independent.
- stop complaining and look on the bright side
- learn to budget our money better

So that is just a few of the things I tend to work on. I do not like setting new goals, because I soon realize that I didn't accomplish much the year before on all the things I said I would. So here is to a new start, a new year and a new life.

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How funny to read your post....it actually made me laugh because I was just venting to Ova about how I was finally feeling good enough to get up and clean the house and organize my boy's drawers and their clothes....just to come back into the room and see Mone with his clothes all over the place and his innocent little face saying "sorry mommy, I won't do it again" I almost don't even want to clean because I know they're gonna come right behind me and mess it up. But I'm happy to read your post to know that it's not only my kids that do that....hahaha.... I like your goals for this upcoming year, I've set similar goals that I really need to strive and reach. I love the picture of your boys...they look so grown and handsome! Love you girl!

Justin Quinn said...

These boys are SO CUTE!! And you are such an amazing mother, wife and sister!!!

Love ya!!