January 22, 2010

Flashback Friday

This picture was taken in July of 2002. I had been home from my mission for about 3 months and I had flown to Utah for the day to attend the wedding of Hna. Ashworth. She was my mission trainer. I flew in that day and two elders from my mission picked me up so we could all go together to the wedding. Elder Kincher and Elder Stevenson picked me up from the airport. I don't remember how I ended up here at Makai's sisters house but I remember hanging out with her for quite some time until the elders came back for me.
So here we are - Hna. Monica Makai and I sitting on her sister's couch listening to Chilean music and talking about whatever was going on at the time.We were both young, not married and anxious about the future. Monica was and still is one of my best friends. We continue to keep in touch and she just celebrated the birth of her sweet little baby girl. It has been so much fun to keep in touch with my good friends. These people have no idea the impact they had on my life.

So Monica, if you are reading this, you are such a great friend. Thanks for such a great time on the mission. I think we spent quite abit of time together while we were serving in La Granja. We werern't companions but we lived in the same little pension over our mamita's house. Remember hearing her doing her chantings every day? We had them timed. Remember Hna. Howcroft getting so mad at us and made us all listen to that hymn on cassatte? Remember just laughing our heads off? Do you remember visiting the witch with us?Do you remember having BBQ'S with the elders at the Stake Center on our p-days? Do you remember hanging out with the other sisters in their pension? Eating cheetos, and playing games? Do you remember Elder Jeppson calling Hna.Nez an Indian giver? Or were you gone by then? I can't remember. I could go on and on about our time there. It was a fun place. Thanks for the good times. Aaahhh the good old days! They were great weren't they?

3 comments:

emilyaaa said...

i can't believe that you made that trip for my wedding. you're awesome, you know that? every single person that got to spend time with you on your mission was better for it. I'm so glad that i didn't go home 6 weeks earlier...i'd have completely missed out on YOU!! I love reading your blog and your rants and raves and love/exaustion of motherhood. You take the words out of my mouth so often! keep all the posts coming, lady! you're awesome

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Oh my goodness...I think that picutre was taken when I was home for only like a week.... that was what 7 years ago...dang I can't believe how fast time just flies right by. Now we're both married and we both have 3 kids... you are awesome and one of my closest friends too.... I totally remember La Granja and your favorite companion Howcroft always getting mad at us and trying to preach to us. I remember the chanting coming from downstairs and how we always looked forward to going on splits together. I remember how much fun we had together! I'm so glad that after all these years, we're still such good friends! You are the best and te quiero mucho mi amiga mas fiel que ocho!!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I didn't forget about your little angel.... I'm sorry I should have said we're both married...you have 4 kids and I have 3! Love you!