February 25, 2010

Worn Out!

That is what I am, WORN OUT. I have not had a decent nights rest in, oh I can't remember. It has seriously been that long. I feel like I am on edge most of the time and I am sure my boys feel like they are walking on pins and needles when it comes to being around me because you just never know when I can blow up. Could it be my hormones working up? Very well could be and you are probably thinking, is she pregnant? The answer is definitely NO.
Owen is not sleeping at all. It is now 8:32 p.m. and he just feel asleep. This is huge considering he goes to bed at 6:30 pm. He has figured up how to stand up in his crib and after I was done nursing him he usually goes down just fine, but since we moved, wow, he is not doing well at all. Maybe this is whats to be expected. I have never moved with a young baby before. So tonight I started with his bedtime ritual at 6:15, read him a story, rocked him for a while and sang him some songs, nursed him and then it was time to lay him down and he just screamed bloody murder. So I walked out thinking he would just go back down but nope, he screamed and screamed for about 40 minutes. Then I went back in and checked on him. Rocked him some more, he feel asleep and then I laid him back down and then he woke up and screamed bloody murder for another hour seemed like. He finally feel asleep. I had to go in and help him. I am afraid, dear reader that I am going to have to resort to letting him cry it out. I swore I would never do that to my children, but I have had to do it with every single one of them. The good thing is they never remember it the next day. Our days have been really messy and we have been in and out a lot and I hope to change that and stay more permanant.
We got the natural gas turned back on today so we are back in our home. It is nice to be in our own home with our own privacy. For the past two nights we stayed at my parents home. Tuesday night I came home with the boys and the garage door wouldn't open so I went next door to our neighbors, who own the home and asked them if they had a key I could use to get in the front door since I didn't have a key at the time. So I got in and tried to turn on the lights and they wouldn't come on. The power had been shut off. The bank shut off the power and gas because they had sold this home and changed it all. So we were in the process of getting it put in our names, but it didn't happen until the next day so we drove right back to my parents home, made bed for the kids and tried to sleep. They didn't do well at all, but thought it was great fun to stay the night at grandma and grandpa's house. So the next day we got in the car to drive back home and it is freezing cold in our home because the natural gas has been also shut off. So we got all the electric heaters from Lance's office and plugged them into the boys rooms to help them stay warm at least. Well this was about 7 pm and all he lights and power would shut off when we turned them all on. They were all on the same circut and it just wasn't working. My dear dad came over to help us out and I didn't want to freeze that night so we hoped back in the car and drove to my parents house to stay the night again. Again a bad night. Both of my boys peed their beds, soaked their clothes, and I didn't bring extra and Owen woke up at 5 a.m. and decided to scream for help. My sweet mother went in and rocked him back to sleep so I could get some shut eye. I love her dearly for that. I got to sleep in until 7:30 this morning and then I woke up to all my sweet boys faces starring at me and begging me to wake up. I have been awake ever since and I am tired. So I am going to try and go to bed early tonight. I am keeping my fingers crossed for my boys. I just want them to sleep and I want to SLEEP.
Oh a side note, if you are trying to get a hold of me with our old home number it is no longer in service. Try using my cell number. That is now our home number. We love you all and appreciate all you have done to help us out with our move. It was incredible and we have so many amazing friends and family who dropped everything to give us a hand. That really meant a lot, thanks so much!

No comments: