March 24, 2010

Spring break in Utah with the Snyders

 Last week we went to Utah to spend time with the Snyder family. Since most of them live there that has become the middle ground for all reunions. I don't mind. There is more space and the cousins love to play together. I don't think I saw my boys very much during the week because they were off playing. They had a lot of fun. Lances' brother Paul and his wife Lesa are building their first home across the street from where they are renting right now. Let me paint a picture for you. My mother and father-in-law built a home in Provo as a retirement/vacation home. It is just east of the BYU campus and is set up on the hill. A new subdivision called Cinnamon Ridge and Lances' sister Sharlene and her husband Tom built there home just two lots down from Lances' parents. Lance's parents bought the lot in between the two homes as a play/common area for the families. Paul and Lesa were renting the home from his parents and now they have decided to build their own home just right across the street. They are hoping to be mid April. It is beautiful. They have built their own racquetball court behind their home that is kind of built into the hill. It is quite the home. We are very excited for them. It will be very nice when it is all done. We can't wait to return and see the finished project.
My brother in law Preston had his 17th birthday while we were there. The boys went skiing for his big day. Then they took all the boys to the shooting range to fire some shots. Lance took our boys along and they had a great time. All 5 boys went and had a blast. It was his first time up on the slopes. My sister-in-law Lesa is quite the cake decorater so she made Preston's cake. It turned out so cute and yummy.
 The boys were busy doing their manly activities while we attended the Anderson Legacy. My mother-in-law has an incredibly large side to her family. Every year they get together had hold conferences of how to be a better person, self-developing talents, and how to do multiple things. These woman are saints. I have never been in such a large crowd of heavenly women. It was a neat opportunity to attend and take notes. I LOVED it! Thanks mom for taking me along and for watching my children so I could listen in on some important things.
I have three sisters-in-law who are expecting this year. Two of them boys and one more girl. Lee and Jaclyn are having their second child, one girl and this one a boy. They just accepted a job offer in Georgia, just right outside of Atlanta working for an engineering firm. They are very excited. It will give me a good reason to go there. I have always wanted to go there.
My other sister-in-law Carrie and her husband John are going to Tennessee this summer for work. They are expecting their first little guy at the end of June, and then Paul and Lesa are expecting their 4th little girl in July.
We are so excited for all of them. I love being an aunt. I hope we can travel around and love these sweet litttle families and meet these new little faces when they come.
Thanks for a great week everyone. Let's do it again soon.

1 comment:

Shaw Family said...

Cute cake! It is always fun to get together with family. I left a comment on your photo blog about pictures! I was wondering how much you were charging know?? Just let me know on comments or at bmshawfam@gmail.com Thanks!