March 23, 2010

Why I love them

These are the faces I see everyday, all day long. Are they possible faces only a mother could love ? Possibly but I am a firm believer that there are many more who love them just like I do. These are the reasons why I love each one of them.....

Keaton~ He loves to be adventurous. He loves being outside. He loves exploring. Right now he is in preschool and comes home with the craziest ideas and he wants to share with me everything he did and all the neat things he learned but his little mind moves faster than his little lips can. He has such a huge desire to learn all he can. He is trying to learn how to tie his own shoes. His uncle told him that him that if he can learn then he will take him to buy any toy that he wants. So you better believe that he is trying to learn fast. He is pretty frustrated with it and after about 3 minutes he gives up and just asks me to do it.
I am getting him registered for Kindergarden in the fall. He is pretty excited to go to school where all the big kids go. I am alittle nervous for that but I am sure I will be over it when I have my mornings free. I know I will miss him a lot.
He refuses to take naps anymore. He is my babysitter and watches Owen while I read Andrew stories in the afternoon. He is a great entertainer. He loves to make people laugh and loves to be the center of attention in our home. I love his laugh. I laugh when he laughs. Sometimes he will laugh so hard at something Owen does it will make him cry.
Keaton, I love you so much. You were the sunshine that came after a stormy night. Thanks for being patient with me.

Andrew-  Andrew is full of mischief. I never know where he is nor do I know what he is doing. I know that if I don't hear him for awhile then it means he is up to no good. He loves to laugh. I know understand the true definition of a belly laugh, and he has it. I love to tickle him just so I can hear it. It will brighten my day any time I need some boosting.
Andrew misses Keaton when he is gone. He loves going with me to take him and see him go with all his friends. He is jealous and itching to have his own school in the fall. Hold on Andrew, it will come!
Andrew loves to play. That is what he would rather be doing more than anything else. He is still trying to figure out how to get a long with kids. We are working on that. He doesn't really like to share. Again we are working on that too.
He is always asking for a treat. He will so tenderly say, "Mom, I need a treat." And I will ask him in return, "Why do you think you need a treat?" Then he will tell me, "Mom because I don't feel very good." Candy is the cure for everything in Andrew's world. He is a firm believer in that too. Nothing can persuade him otherwise. Got to love the boy for trying.
I hope that he has not inherited the Quinn's bad gene for bad teeth. We already had two root canals performed on his little mouth this past December. So we are brushing like crazy every morning and night. He is doing pretty well too.
He loves to be outside too. He loves his spark scooter that he got for Christmas and loves going for walks.
I love this boy more and more. He is a spittin image of me when I was younger, or so my mom says. He is me and I love that about him, I think.

Owen- Owen is almost a year old. Can you believe it? I can't. On April 20th we will be celebrating one year. My how fast time flys. The more children you have, the faster they grow. I swear they do.
Owen has brought such sweet peace into our home and lives. He was such an easy baby and has been a pretty content boy, most of the time.
Here is what we have learned about him.....He loves to be held, only by mom. If someone else is holding him while I am in the same room then he will act like he is being tortured until I take him back. He is pretty content to sit on my hip and move around as I do, but he is getting heavier and he wiggles way too much.
He LOVES  his brothers. He loves waking up to them in the morning.
I love going into his bedroom after he wakes up from a nap. One thing I can guarentee every time I go in is that there is a smell of a dirty diaper everytime without fail. Means he had a good rest.
He enjoys sleeping once he is asleep. Getting there is another story. He is still nursing. It is his comfort food I guess you could say.
He loves to be where the crowd is. He hates to be left alone. Loves my parents cats. He loves being outside and he loves going for walks.
He is learning how to walk. We aren't quite there but we are getting close. Anytime he is left alone and we cant' find him, we can never go wrong when it comes to the stairs. He always makes a mad dash for those. I need to get a gate and put it up.
This afternoon while I was reading to Andrew, trying to get him down for his nap, I could hear somethign on the stairs. This little squeal of baby. So I hurry and checked the stairs and sure enough there was Owen in only his diaper all the way on the top stair. Now mind you there are 15 steps to the top and I was just so glad that he didn't fall down those. Keaton was using the restroom and didn't tell me so I found him. What a lucky boy he was today.
I love you Owen. Thanks for bringing so much laughter and peace into our family. It wouldn't be the same without you. Momma loves you!

No comments: