May 2, 2010

A fun night out

Last night Lance and I took the boys out for a fun family night. We had to get some things done first but afterwards it was all fun and games. We took our boys out to eat, which is a rare ocassion and when we do, the boys absolutely love it! I love it too because I don't have to cook. Plus, it always tastes better when someone else does the cooking. Right?
Afterwards we went to Wahooz. It is a fun amusment park in Meridian and the boys had never been there. I had only been there once before and that was back in high school. So it has been quite awhile. Another company took over the old one which was called Boondocks before and now it is Wahooz. It is a very family friendly place and the boys had a lot of fun. The funnest part was taking the boys on the bumper carts.



They had a great time. I took Keaton on the first run and then Lance took Andrew the second time. We had Owen with us and he was too little to go on one. Maybe next time he will be big enough.  He just stood on the sidelines and cheered all the race cars on.

The boys had a few coins for some video arcade games. Their favorite ones were the ones we didn't even have to put coins in. There was a game that the boys loved and it was a big machine that pointed at the screen and they had to smash all the bugs. They loved it. The demo was awesome and they thought they were playing the real game. I love this young age. They never knew they were playing the demo. That will only last for so long.

As we were finishing up our coins, this lady came up to us and gave us some free entrance passes for my boys in to the big jungle gym. She said that they were left overs from a birthday party. It was so nice of her. Come to find out I went to high school with her over at Meridian. Small world. I recongnized her alitte and then I told her my maiden name then she said that she didn't even recognize me. I am not sure if that was good or bad. Oh well, it was a thoughtful thing of her to do and my boys LOVED it! Owen did too. He met some new little friends and had fun climbing around.
We survived and had a lot of fun. There is a real satisfaction that I feel when I see my boys having a fun time with each other. They were truly best friends last night and it made my heart glad to see it.
Owen had his own fun. He sat on a few rides in some fun cars.


I can't believe April is over and May is here. Honestly where did the time go? Keaton is almost done with Pre-school. The next two weeks will be at our home. I kind of dread those weeks but these will be the last ones and then it will be over. Keaton will be in Kindergarten in the fall and I just put Keaton into a little preschool group that a friend is starting at her home. I think it will be good thing for Andrew. He is eager to learn and go to school just like Keaton. I think he is feeling alittle left out at times. So it will be just Owen and I for a few days. What will that be like? I am kind of sad and kind of excited.
The weather is pretty funcky. Seems like the wind is our constant friend now days. I am ready for summer. It has been pretty icky lately and every now and then the sun will poke through and we can go outside and enjoy it and then the rain picks back up again. I guess that is Springtime for you.
We are starting to get the lawn looking normal. We had some guys come and spray for weeds and put new seed down. We will see how well that works in two weeks time they tell us. The weeds are still there and this week we hope to tackle that down as well. It will look awesome when we get it all done.
Lance's birthday is coming up and we were thinking about renting a Limo for his birthday with a few of our close friends and go out to eat but the more we thought about it and the more the pricing goes up the more we are thinking twice about it. I voted for Bro. King to drive us in a school bus. Wouldn't that be so much fun? Going out to eat with your closest friends in a school bus? But he wasn't too excited about it so I am not sure what we will do.
Lance is really busy with work. He is getting a lot of new homes each week and they are getting them done pretty fast and easy. Well I am not sure about the easy part but he has hired on more crews and that has seemed to help quite abit. It is pretty time consuming training new people but once he has that done then the rest is icing on the cake. I am so thankful that he has a good job. He has been working really hard and for that I am so grateful.

No comments: