May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you incredible moms out there. I pay special tribute to all of the many important, outstanding and incredibly amazing women in my life. From my mom all the way down to Grandma Ray ( Lance's grandma, who is absolutely amazing. I hope to be like her many years down the road.). Each one of you have done so much for me. Its those tiny, tiny acts of love you have shown me. The many huge and major things that have been done for me, I thank you! I love you!
Since Mother's Day is always on Sunday, and I must say, I love that because it is the one day where I can relax (most of the time anyways) and just have a peaceful day with my family.
The primary children sang "Mother I love you" in sacrament today. Andrew was one of the first ones up on stage and he ran right for the podium. He climed up and starting playing with the microphone. I just sat there and watched my son become the center of attention. He was having a good time. I was amazed at how well he sang. It is a good thing the microphone was turned off too or you would have heard some serious sounds come out of him. He fell off during the song and wouldn't you know, he climbed back up and started playing with the mic again. I just sat and got the biggest kick out of watching him. Everyone commented on him throughout our meetings. "That's our Drew!" Is what we would all tell them. He was too cute. As for Keaton, he just kept quite in the corner and sang so reverently. I love my children!
My sister Rachel and I thought it would be nice to make dinner for my mom and all the many other people that would be coming to. It was a great dinner and fun entertainment. My brother Justin just bought a boxer and named her Lily. She is adorable and my boys are in love with her now. It took some getting used to but they warmed up to her and now they ask to see her all the time. So Justin, if you are out there reading this, you can stop by any time with Lily. The boy would love that.
All I can document from Mother's Day is a family picture we tried to take. Andrew was being alittle difficult and would not smile or look at the camera. So my dad inticed him with some candy and he was ok with that so we at least got him to look at the camera. So here we are......
Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

You have such a beautiful family Quinn! Glad you had a good mother's day! You deserve it! Love you!