June 19, 2010

Parades

I swear June is the offical month for parades.  Seems like we have had one after the other.  We can't complain, it is has been free entertaiment and my children love them.  June starts off with Star Mule Days, which is no longer around.  I won't argue with that one either because it is the dumbest parade I have ever been to.  It's one of those parades where there are only automobiles advertising their buisness on the side,  an occasional clown on a motorcycle, and oh, can't forget the camel that makes its grand appearance.  Then after that is Eagle Fun Days.  I have attended this parade ever since I can remember as a child.  I love Eagle Fun Days.  There are a lot of fun things to do such as the rodeo, carnival rides, and the fun parade and the snow cones which are the best part. 
Now imagine with me the largest gathering of redneck people in the world.  People literally come in their swimsuits, coolers full of water balloons, and water guns filled to the brim just waiting for the water fight that happens as the last fire truck passes through.  Yes, there is a huge water fight.  It is the parade vs. the city.  Literally hundreds of people participate in this water fight.  Some years we have done it but most of the time we are spectators from a distance.  This year unfortuantely we didn't make it for the water fight.  Our dear friend Jason and his two children were baptized just shortly after the parade started.  We went to the first part and the kids loved it. 


The baptism was amazing.  Probably the best baptism I have ever attended.  Jason is a single dad of three.  He works with Lance and he has become like family to us.  His children are very sweet and they are just an all around amazing family.  There were so many people in attendance at the baptism.  I was overcome with the out pouring of love that everyone showed towards them.  The largest audience I have seen at a baptism.  It was a great way to spend our Saturday and a neat opportunity for my children.

Last night was the Meridian Dairy Day Parade.  We have taken our children every year since we moved back to Boise.  There is a ton of free chocolate milk, string cheese and some years ice cream sandwiches.  Hence the name Dairy Day parade.  This parade is the best one as far as floats and diversity.  My boys loved watching it.  They got a free T-shirt, candy and had a lot of fun with family and friends who went with us.  Owen liked it too. Even though he should have been at home in bed, he did really well.  Some of the loud noises startled him but he had a good time too.  Thanks to everyone who came with us.  It was fun to be with you!



I love this picture.  Keaton just wanted Owen to sit on his lap and tell him about all the fun things they were seeing in the parade.  He has been so sweet with him.



We love June! We love parades! Good parades.  We are sad to see the month already go.  Honestly, where did the time go?

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

How fun! Love all the pictures of your cute little family! You're such a hot-mama! :)

PS- I stole your side bar quote....hahaha thanks! :)

Jaclyn said...

I'm so glad to hear that Andrew's heart murmur cleared itself up on it's own! That's what I'm hoping and praying for... I'm trying so hard not to worry, but you know how it is. :) Us moms just want to hear that their babies are perfectly healthy!

Breelynn is doing really well with Drennan. The first several days home from the hospital were HARD. She was extremely agitated and temperamental. But we quickly figured out it wasn't Drennan she was upset with; she's so soft and sweet with him and just wants to give him cuddles and kisses all the time. She was upset at ME that I had been gone for almost a week and her whole routine was shot to heck! As soon as we got back into her regular routine and I showed her I was here to stay again, she settled right down and we have been doing fabulously!