June 24, 2010

Boise Zoo

The Boise Zoo is not much to talk about.  But it had been quite awhile since we last went.  The weather has been beautiful and Thursdsays, children under 3 are free.  That is half of us and Lance is out of town so I decided to pack the kids up and go.  My sister Rachel and her daughter Ava went with us.  We went to their home to pick them up and stayed for lunch and then the we went down to Boise to see the animals.  Let me tell you that the Boise zoo is pretty much dissappointing.  There are not many animals and the ones they have are either sleeping or pretty well hidden that the kids get frustrated that they can't see them.  I know I was.  Oh well.  What I wouldn't give to have a zoo like Portland's around.  That was an amazing zoo.  But nonetheless, my kids had a good time.  I think the highlight was nasty cotton candy and the merry-go-round ride that we went on twice.  They loved that.

It was so stinkin hot.  The weather went from just right to incredibly hot.  Now don't laugh when I say that it got up to 84 degrees today and that is hot for us.  I know you are laughing to yourself thinking I am a big wimp but it was really really warm.  Owen even thought so.  He was so sweaty and so tired that he laid his head down on the stroller and almost fell asleep. That never happens by the way.



It was nice to get out and do something worthwhile with my children.  Sometimes I tend to use the warm weather for an even better excuse to stay indoors but I am so glad we made it out.



We are trying to potty train Andrew again for the 4th time. Wish us luck. So far so good.  I am hoping that he is finally ready.  I know I am.

Thanks Rachel and Ava for a fun day at the zoo.  Let's do it again soon.

2 comments:

The Kynastons said...

Haha, we went to the zoo twice when we lived there and I actually thought it was pretty fun! But I guess it had been years since I'd been to any zoo, so I didn't really have much to compare it to. :) Cute pictures!

Jaclyn said...

seriously, isn't the Portland zoo amazing?!?! I love it! What fun tho, still. I'm sure your boys had a blast! We miss you!