August 11, 2010

A Sunbeam teacher

Yesterday Andrew recieved a letter in the mail.  It was a small and simple letter from his Sunbeam teacher in Primary.  The letter simply expressed how grateful she was for his good behavior and that she was so excited to be his new teacher.  Andrew was so excited that he got his very own letter.  It made him feel really special and loved.  He carried it around with him all day long and even to bed.
Seems like I have been making cookies just about every other night for the boys in my household to devour the same night I make them while watching our favorite Office Episodes.  It has been a fun tradition we started ever since John and Carrie moved in with us. 
While I was making the cookies I felt impressed to call Andrew's teacher, Sister Clark and thank her for that small act of kindness that meant the world to my son.  She was alittle shocked that I would call and tell her that but she was very appreciative of the thought.  She said that she had never been called to be told thank you for sending a card in the mail.
It made my heart happy to see that with Andrew.  I love good teachers.  Teachers who go out of their way to make their children feel happy and important, but most importantly, loved! Thank you Robin for doing that. You will never know just how important that was for him.  We love you!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

So true....I love teachers who go above and beyond and SHOW that they care! What an awesome story!