November 26, 2010

Black Friday

I love Black Friday! I am one of the very few people I know who actually enjoy getting up really early to battle the crowds for the best deal on the best gifts.  So this year my dad, my sister Rachel and I went.  I got up at 5 a.m. and met up with my dad at his house and then we went to pick up my sister at her home.  We had a great time too!  I think I got most of my shopping done.  I usally do on Black Friday.
This year my boys are into Batman everything. The games, the figurines and whatever else there is out there. Lance and I got them a few things that have to do with Batman. We also scored on a V-Tech Reader for Keaton. He is going to love it! It looks like a DS for kids. I also got him a Batman game to go with it.  Owen, well he is still too young to know what Christmas really is so I told his secret Santa to just buy him a little tyke shopping cart. He LOVES those! My parents have one and so does my sister and he will push that around forever so we need one of those at our home.  Andrew, I am not so sure about him. They usually play the same thing so we kind of got two of everything minus a few suprises. Then I got really lucky at the Carter's outlet mall. I got a ton of cute clothes for my boys. It is about time they start wearing clothes that don't have holes in them, clothes that fit them and clothes that will keep them warm. So we succeeded this year.
Then my father treated us to breakfast at IHop. It was the perfect thing for our starving bellies.  We didn't stay out too long. We were back by 10:30 almost 11 a.m.. I went to pick up my boys at my parents so Lance could go to work.  We headed back to our home so I could put Owen down for his nap and then I busted out our Christmas decorations.  Everything is up besides our Christmas tree (which is always a real one) and the Grinch set that Lance's mom gave to us.  This happens every year and I can't stand it and then I always end up finding it after Christmas is over with. So this week I am on the hunt for the Grinch.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That's awesome! I love black Friday too.....and I go every year! Most of the stores here in Utah opened at midnight this year instead of the usual 5 or 6am. Got some great deals though.....