December 8, 2010

Candy Day

This year I am starting new holiday traditions.  Every once in a blue moon we would get together at my grandmothers house to make candy with my aunts and some cousins. Well this year I wanted to make it offical at our home.  We all gathered at my home this morning and made candy all day long.  People came and went all day long and we had a good time. My boys made candy cane reindeer with Aunt Rachel and the rest of us snacked on all the fun things we made.
This year we made, English Toffee, fudge, reces pieces, sugar cookies and brownie balls covered in chocolate with candy canes crushed on top.  They turned out really good.  I think everyone had a good time.  Then they all stayed over for Tacos later on.   I really enjoy everyone coming to our home to have fun.  Thanks everyone for coming over. Here are a few pictures of our day today....
My boys and I frosting our cookies
 I believe my sister will shoot me for putting this picture up. But she looks so cute anyways.
 And my oh so sweet sister-in-law Shelli had never frosted a Christmas cookie until today.  Where have you been my dear?
Thanks for the candy day! Can't wait to do it all over again in a week or so. Happy Holidays everyone!