December 27, 2010

Christmas Day

I have to admit that this post might be a little disappointing because I neglected my camera for almost the entire day.  I didn't want to spend it behind the lens.  I wanted to be the one out in front tearing the paper with  my boys and getting excited to see what Santa had brought for them.
Our morning started at 5 a.m.  Keaton came in and woke me up and told me how excited he was that he got a new Scooby Doo movie. It took me awhile to realize that the stinker had already opened a present.  So I put him in bed with me and we all fell back asleep and slept in until 8 a.m.  That doesn't happen very often in our home so we drank it in.  I love it when my children will sleep in later than 6 am.
So we all woke up and rushed down the stairs and the boys' eyes light up when they saw what Santa had left for them.  Tradition in Lance's family is that most of their gifts were never wrapped. Each child had their own pile somewhere in the family room with a balloon that had their name on it.  It is a great idea when you have 10 children in your family but since we only have three we wrapped every single one.  I love the excitement that comes with the ripping and tearing open to see what lies beneath.  All the excitment was over in about 5 minutes. Our living room was covered in wrapping paper and gifts hiding underneath.  Owen really didn't understand what was going on but he had fun watching the boys go crazy.
After we got dressed and ready we headed over to my parents house for Christmas breakfast and to see what Santa left the boys under their tree.  This is what we walked in to see...
Their eyes light up with joy and they rushed over to see what gifts had their names on it.  Santa was quite generous at Grandma &pa's house.  My sister and her family were there also so we had a nice morning with my family. 
Andrew got a new Batman. This year they still requested Spiderman and Batman toys


Keaton got remote control cars, Wii games and a pillow pet.  Andrew did also. They love those!

This is where I finally found Owen. Half asleep with Uncle Justin watching The Polar Express

Then after everyone opened their gifts, my dad started telling the grandkids that he heard Santa on the roof the night before and when he woke up the next morning there was a note for him telling him that he would leave some gifts on the roof. So we all went outside and sure enough Santa (aka- Grandap) left a gift for each child on the roof.  They thought that was pretty cool Grandpa!


We spent the rest of the day relaxing, playing games and eating Christmas Dinner. Thanks to everyone who made it so enjoyable this year.
Merry Christmas to all and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

That is so awesome!! I love that your dad was creative like that leaving the presents on the roof....what a cute idea! Glad you guys had a Merry Christmas....looks like your boys got spoiled, they must have been good this year...hahaha