March 20, 2011

We are back

Lance and I took a quick over night trip to Provo to see family. It was a fast trip but a much needed trip for the both of us.  We left our children in the good care of Lance's brother Eldon and his wife.  I haven't talked with them yet about how the weekend went.  We came home and my mom and put our kids to bed and was waiting for us to come home.  From the many phone calls and texts I recieved, I think my kiddos had a hard time.  I really appreicate all of those who chipped into help them out.  I am truly grateful for your sacrifices.  It is not an easy job so thanks to all!!!!!
We left around 7:30 friday morning and pulled into Salt Lake around noon.  Lance's brother Paul was in a National Raquetball tournament and so we met up with the boys in Salt Lake so we could watch him play his first match.  I didn't really know what Racquetball was until I married into a family of racquetball lovers.  They truly enjoy watching that all day long and that is just what they did.  So I let the boys have their fun and drove back to Provo to meet up with all the girls.  Lance's mothers' side of the family gets together every year this time of year for a "women's conference."  Now that only happens in this family because they are sooooo extremely large.  I mean large as in numbers.  They pick themes and all the women are invited to attend.  It is held in the same chapel and they speakers are assigned ahead of time to prepare their thoughts and feelings on certain subjects.  The subjects vary from how to read the scriptures more meaningful to how to control children who tend to get out of control.  All my sisters-in-law were there minus Jaclyn and Shelli, by the way we missed you guys.  It was so much fun to see everyone.  I have one sister-in-law Shauna who I have not seen for 3 years.  She is expecting their 7th child, 2nd little girl in May.  It was so much fun to see all of them.
We enjoyed a lot of shopping, baby showers, and late night talks eating mom's yummy cookies and Taco Bell.  My sister-in-law Rashelle told me about a boutique that comes to American Falls only once a year called the Holy Cow Boutique.  Yes it was Holy Cow! My sister-in-law Carrie and I got to spend the whole day together and so we went there.  We found a ton of fun stuff. Since we are having a girl, I found some really cute, fun things for her and also some other fun things for my house.  We told the boys that we would bring them a souveniur from our trip so we found these super hero capes for them to wear.
They we went to Fizolies for lunch and since neither of us had ever been to IKEA we decided to give it a try.  It was a fun store.  Very affordable, so we filled our shopping carts.  Most of their decor is not my type but they had some great things.  We had a fun time being together.  Thanks Carrie for such a fun day! I loved being with you and Brantly.
We headed back for Boise later that afternoon and we brought Lance's brother John back with us.  We listened to the BYU basketball game on the radio on the way home.  It was fun to listen to the boys get excited over the game. It made the trip home so much faster.
Thanks Lance for talking me into a night away.  It was a much needed mini- vacation and we had a great time catching up with the family.  Next time let's stay a lot longer.
We woke up this morning and our boys were so excited to see us.  I think we lucked out this trip with superhero capes and a train set.  We missed you boys too!

No comments: