March 25, 2011

When will spring be here?

This was the last day of school before our spring break begins.  Keaton wasn't quite sure what that meant but he could tell by the excitement of all the other kids faces that it was good. I was explaining to him that it meant no school next week.  He was a little bumned by that because he loves school.  But I have a few ideas planned up my sleeves that I think both the boys will enjoy.
So today they were asked to bring umbrellas to school so they could go on a Hunt for Spring.  From what I hear he had a lot of fun. Even though the sun was out today they still used the umbrellas to block the sun from their faces.  The sun rarely shows itself for too long these days so it was pretty funny that they brought em on the day that the sun was out.  Funny thing was that it started to rain after we picked Keaton up from school.  Go figure.
But they sure enjoyed playing with the umbrella.  Before we headed inside the house because it had started to rain, Keaton asked me " Mom, when will spring be here?"  I told him that it was already here.  He asked " How do you know that?"  I told him to look up in the sky and see the clouds starting to form and feel the rain on his face.  Those are signs of spring.  April (or in our case, March) showers bring May flowers.  We are seeing flowers pop up everywhere too. They are so pretty.

No comments: