April 15, 2011

A wedding reception

Lance's cousin Kimberly got married today.  We went to the wedding reception this evening with our children believing that they would be on their best behavior.  For the most part they did.  They had their little treats, checked out all the little kids that were there and wanted to play.  Lance comes from a very large family and so when his family has a get together, they really have a get together.  It was an amazing reception.  We love Kimberly.  She has found a great guy and she looked so happy.  We are so happy for them.
The reception was a very nice Country Club house.  It was very nicely decorated and there was a lot of very delicate things inside.
My boys thought it would be fun to take off their shoes and socks and crawl under the table.  Owen was in his pajamas and he was already barefoot and so my other boys decided to follow suit.  I tried to get them to stop but I was not very successful.  Lance was off visiting with families so it was hard to hold down the fort by myself. So after awhile we took them outside even though it was raining ligthly.  Owen was in heaven running around with all the younger kids.  I was sitting and visiting with aunts and uncles when I noticed my children with sand in their hands. I knew there was no sand around so I was pretty curious as to where they were finding this so called "sand."  Come to find out, they were pulling all the ashes out of the cigarrette canister.  Isn't that lovely?  I was so proud of my boys! Playing around in old cigarette ashes.  So we had to keep a very close eye on them after that.  Needless to say it was getting late and our kids were going crazy so we packed up and headed home.
It was fun to get out and see family we haven't seen for quite a while.  It is nice to catch up with everyone and see them.  Everyone's families are getting so big in age and numbers.  I am so glad I married into a great family.  They are some of the greatest people you will ever meet on this earth.
Now I am sitting at this computer writing this all down while I have a child crying from his bed "Mommy, my tummy is starving."  Yep, that would be Andrew.  My son who never seems full and always wants a treat.  I don't know if he likes to eat because he gets bored, or if there is a worm in his little tummy that never seems satisfied.  Oh the joys of motherhood.  Most say that one day I will miss it. I am not convinced of that yet.  I hope this is just a phase.  Goodnight!!!!!

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Your Andrew sounds just like my Filimone....never seem to get full!! haha

Justin and JoLyn said...

Ew! That's so gross, but so funny! I didn't see Lance at the reception. I wanted to tell him "Hello!" He was probably chasing kids the entire time! So glad I was able to see you. We just love your family.