April 18, 2011

Easter afternoon

This afternoon we went to my parents house for some early Easter festivities for the kids.  Since my dad and my brother have been in Hawaii for the past 10 days my mom has been left solita at her home. We have been over alittle more to keep her company this past week.  My sister Rachel brang her two girls over for some egg dying and some picture frame making.  The kids had a great time.
It is so fun to watch my children get excited about the holidays.  We have been doing some more decorating around our home. Each year we collect alittle more and then that makes for a great next year.  This year we had a fun mantel decorate for Easter.  I have loved the tradition that my mother-in-law has of decorating her mantel each and every holiday.  It makes it more fun and exciting with little kids around.  So I have taken on that tradition myself.  Owen slept through pretty much our afternoon of fun, which was sad for him but good for me. It gave me more freedom to concentrate on Keaton and Andrew.  Sorry Owen, we didn't get any pictures of you today. There will be more to come.
Thanks mom and Rachel for a fun afternoon! It was so nice being with you this afternoon!  Bring on the Easter traditions.  Here's what our afternoon looked like.....
My Andrew with his eggs.
 All the grandkids with their colored eggs.
 My sweet Keaton with his eggs. He was so proud of them.


My cute little niece Ava can be so sweet and then something will set her off and this is the innocent face we get.  She was much happier afterwards. 


No comments: