June 19, 2011

Fathers

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers!  I hope you had a great day and I hope you were remembered and loved.  We had a very low key Father's day but I think that is how it is suppose to be.  We had a great day in church and the kids behaved fairly well so all in all it was a good day.
We headed over to my parents house for a family dinner and get together with all the family.  It is so much fun to be together every Sunday.  Since we don't see each other very  much during the week it is really nice to catch up and hang out every Sunday.  My mom made a great dinner for all the dads.  It was like Thanksgiving dinner.  Thanks Mom!!! It was a great dinner.  Then we feasted on pie and hung out on the back deck enjoying the cool summer weather that is starting to make its appearance finally.
Here is a picture we took of all of Lance's brothers and wives.  I have had the great privilage of getting to know my two sisters -in-law this past year and it has been so awesome.  Eldon and his wife Shelli (the couple in the middle) are leaving in July for medical school.  Wait I take that back. Eldon is leaving this week to start medical school while Shelli and their daughter Chiara will hang out for a month or so until he finishes his summer course.  We are going t miss them so much.  They have been so much fun.  Eldon and John (Lance's younger brother on the far end) and his wife Carrie and their son Brantly also moved here to work for Lance. It has been so nice having more Snyder's close by. (Grandma and Grandpa Snyder, this picture is for you)  These are Lance's two younger brothers.  They are so much fun to be around.  Thanks for loving your wives and taking such good care of your children.  What great examples they are.

Never mind that I am 8 months pregnant and feeling very large.  This was the only time we were together to take the picture.
This is a great tribute to all you father's! Thanks so much for all the hard work you do to support and provide for us.

Lance, thanks so much for loving us. For working from sun up until sun down to make sure we have the things we need.  Your example and hard work never goes unnoticed.  Our boys are so lucky to have you as their father.  I am so lucky to have you for a husband and a friend.  I love you and hope we are so thankful to have you.  We are so blessed!!!!  Happy Father's Day Sweetheart!!!

This was taken of all the grandkids that were there too on my parents swing. I guess this picture would also be for the Snyders as well.  This one is for you mom and pappa Snyder.  We were thinking of you too.  We love and miss you!


Also, I happy Father' Day to my own dad. I was so blessed to have such a great man in my life.  It was so nice to be with him as well today.

1 comment:

Shelli Snyder said...

Hey Melissa, tell your mom that we missed being there for dinner this Sunday. We always looked forward to being there with everybody.