June 30, 2011

Life right now

I am counting down the weeks until this little one makes her grand entrance.  I can't believe this pregnancy has gone as fast as it has.  I swear the more kids you have the faster they come.  I haven't really had much time to prepare myself mentally for this.  I haven't done anything yet to get ready for this baby.  Here is my list of things still left to do.....

~ decorate the nursery (there is nothing on the walls, no rocker, no dresser, no nothing yet.)
~ pack my hosptial bag
~ all my personal things I need so I don't have to make Lance go to the store and find them
~ diaper bag
~ baby bouncer
~ make curtains for her room
~ buy a car seat ( probably most important. Cause guarentee they aren't going to let us leave without one)
~ make baby burp clothes

the list goes on and on.  I am not ready yet! Now if you were to ask me around this time when our first baby came. I was all set. Crib set up, room painted and more than ready.  Some reason I am lacking that right now.
I am feeling quite a lot of contractions off and on again.  Nothing consistent.  The more kids you have the harder it is on your body.  I feel like I am trapped in a 80 year old body.  Some days I am completely out of shape and then there are days like today when I feel like I can get out and play baseball with my boys. 
The last ultrasound showed small amounts of amniotic fluid.  It is almost all baby and I think that she is going to be a big one.  All my babies, minus my middle child were over 9 pounds.  So she has a good chance of weighing around the same.
We are still clueless as to what her name will be.  I don't want just any plain common name.  I want one with character and one that will stand out.  Nothing crazy or ugly, just the kind of name you don't hear too often.  Any suggestions? I am open to anything right now.  Lance and I can't agree on the same name yet so this will be interesting.
The weather is warming up quite abit and I am constantly 10 degrees hotter than everyone else.  It makes for a very cranky mom sometimes. Why do I keep having summer babies?

The boys are having a fun summer so far.  Nothing big going on just normal day to day activities we do.  Our day usually consists of a nap, quite time, water fights outside with friends and trips to the library every now and then.  They have been doing their reading program and they are winning a lot of fun little things to do. They have earned free meals at resturants, toys, books and tickets to the Boise Stampede Rodeo coming up at the end of July.  They have never been.  It is also being held the day before my due date so we will see. That might be an activity for Lance and the boys. 
We are happy, we are alive and we are patiently waiting.

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Monica is a great name!! hahaha

I know what you mean by feeling like you're 80....I was telling Ova the other day that I think I'm getting to old for this, this one is just so hard on me (maybe because it's doubled)

I'm excited to see your little princess though, she's going to be so beautiful I just already know it!