June 9, 2011

Keaton Graduates

Tuesday afternoon Keaton had his Kindergarden graduation program.  He was so excited about it.  He had been practicing his songs and what they were suppose to be doing.  It was so sweet watching him go around the house singing the songs.  I was only sad that I didn't know them so I could sing along with him.  Every Monday for Family Home Evening for the past month or so he has been trying to teach us some of the songs.  In his frustration he stopped trying and just sang them to us.
All the a.m. kindergardners had their program and they had it set up in the gym.  Now mind you Star Elementary is a tiny elementary school and it has been around for a very long time.  Kind of old fashioned but that is what makes it so unique.
They all walked down the isle and took their places on the stage.  While they were doing that all the kids came down the isle dancing to the music that was playing.  Some of those kids have spunk in them and it was so darling to watch them dance their hearts away.  I was surprised that Keaton danced too.  Sorry these pictures don't prove it but he was really cute!  I really enjoyed volunteering in his class this past  year.  I have really loved getting involved with my children's activities in school.  They love it too as well.
Keaton had a great teacher too.  It really makes a difference when their teacher cares for and loves her students.  He felt that from Mrs. Blackaller. I was so thankful that she helped him to love learning and to how to make it fun.
Keaton dancing to a song that they were singing
 Keaton with his teacher Mrs. Blackaller
 They displayed some of their artwork throughout the gym for everyone to see
 Wall art
 Keaton's self -portrait
Way to go Keaton.  Congratulations on your first year in school.  Watch out 1st grade! Here we come!!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I wanted to see you so much! I can't believe your having another baby in just a month. How exciting that it's a girl. I remember being so excited to lay on my back again. Your kids are SO cute. I can't believe how old they are all getting. Your on my mind a lot. I swear one of these times we need to come to Boise just to see you and not my family. Thanks for being so good at writing on my blog. Love ya!