June 13, 2011

shifting bones

This pregnancy has been alittle harder than the rest, physically that is.  With all of my other children I had never really felt my bones shift as much as I have with this one.  It hurts!  It hurts bad and I feel like a 31 year old trapped in a 80 year olds body. Seriously, you should see me when I walk.  It has come down to waddling and holding on to something, anything that is nearby to help stabalize me.  I am quite the sight let me tell you.
Yesterday after dinner we took all our kids plus extended family for a walk behind my parents house.  Behind their home is a subdivision that is full of these amazingly beautiful multi-million dollar homes that have built along the river banks.  Behind them are some ponds where the swans and geese live.  My boys love walking down there to see them.  I thought it would be ok but afterwards, I hurt really bad.  It is nice to get out and try to get some excerise.  We only have about 6 weeks left ands she will be here.  That seems like a long ways away but I have to get to work on her room.  We haven't done a single thing yet.  There is so much we still need to get.
Last night around 3 a.m. my boys decided to play musical beds.  First Keaton came in with his pillow.  I put him in the middle and tried to roll over and get some sleep, but by the time I finally closed my eyes, in walks Andrew with his pillow. I wasn't up for a fight so I took all 10 of my pillows and tried to fit on Andrew's bed.  Not very comfortable and then 3 hours later I am awoken by my 2 year old jumping on my and a huge wack to the face with his fist.  I guess its Good morning.
I know that my bones are going to shift even more.  My hips and my pelvis are just grinding when I walk.  Not a fun way to spend my summer break but I guess we have no choice but to go with it and hope that I don't look too ridiculous.  I am tired. I am anxious.  I am happy.

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy...I told Ova this will probably be the last...5 kids is good! He's insistant on having at least one more because he has this obsession with even numbers. I know what you mean though....pregnancy takes a toll on your body. I told Ova the other day that I think I'm getting too old for this.....this pregnancy is just so much worse than the other 3....but finding out that there's two in there kinda explained why (besides my age...hahaha) Anyways, it's funny how miserable we are when we're pregnant but the minutes we're holding our little babies in our arms, we kinda forget. It's all worth it in the end! 6 more weeks will fly right by! Hang in there! Love ya!