July 24, 2011

The Discovery Center

The past couple of days have been crazy for everyone.  Thursday morning I called up my mom to see if she wanted to bring my neice Ava and also herself with us to the discovery center in Boise and help me entertain kids.  I had free passes for everyone so that made it quite an easy thing to do. I love it when things are for free.  Such a deal!  She climbed on board with us and we headed into town.
The kids loved the discovery center.  It is a place where they can experiment with science projects and explore some fun things.  They all had a great time taking turns on the pulley they had there.  You pull the rope to climb your way up to the top and let go to lower you back down.  They each had a good time playing in that.


Andrew found a bicycle with a skeleton on the same bike attached to the other side. He was curious about how the skeleton could ride a bike just like him.  I tried to explain to him that when he pedaled his bike, it was hooked up to the skeleton and he would do the same thing as he did.  The energy that he put forth to ride the bike gave the skeleton energy to ride his bike. He liked that!



My sister Rachel told me about the little groccery store they had set up in the back for all the little kids to shop in.  I looked just like a little mini market with food, shoppig carts, conveyer belts, register machines and the works.  I think we spent most of our time there playing with the kids. 




Afterwards we took them to lunch and then to the fish hatchery to see all the fish but to our utter disappointment, there were no fish. 
Thanks mom and Ava for coming with us.  It sure helped me.  We love having you with us!!!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

What a great place for kids! Looks like you had fun!