July 20, 2011

Rachel

There have been many phone calls, texts, email and etc. concerning my sister Rachel today.  To clarify everyone's stories, YES, she did in fact have a stroke this morning.  The doctor has labled it as a TIA stroke.  I have been reading up on it and it has been very interesting and also pretty intense with what it all entails.
I recieved a phone call this morning from my mom telling me that Rachel was on her way to the hospital for having suffered a possible stroke.  So all I could do was sit back and wait for more information.  What do you do?  There was nothing I could do. I just had to sit and wait and pray like crazy that the Lord knew what was going on and her life was in His hands.
Luckily her husband Jason was home to help her.  I have been up to see her this evening and she told me more about what happened.  She said she woke up this morning and everything was spinning a million miles a minute and that she felt like she needed to throw up.  So she tried to make her way into the bathroom and she kept running into the walls and doors trying to make it to the toilet.  Well she started convulsing and her eyes were rolling to the back of her head. She said she remembers trying to call out for Jason and thank goodness he found her because she couldn't talk or do anything. So he called the ambulance and they rushed her to the hospital where she had been all day.  They did CT scans and MRI's to find a possible reason for it and so far they can't really tell.  They did call it a TIA stroke.  Ever heard of it? I hadn't.  This evening I have been doing quite abit of reading about it and from what they say, because she has had one already, she is more prone to have more.
She has been really scared.  Her first thoughts this morning while being helpless were, "What happens if this paralysis me?" or "Who is going to take care of my girls?"  Scary thoughts. 
We have been emotional all day long.  I am just glad none of this put me into labor.  We need to focus on them instead of us right now.  She needs your prayers.  She is a saint and she was in better spirits this evening but it is still very nerve racking to think about.  The unknown is what scares us the most, especially her and Jason.  Now they must teach their children how to call 911 or someone to help out when this happens to mommy again and what do you do exactly.
I have been emotional today also for her. She has become my best friend.  We do everything together and what would I do without her?  So my prayer this evening is that the Lord will keep her in mind and watch over and protect her.  Keep her safe and ok so that she can take care of her children.  That is all she has ever wanted to do.  Through all of this, her thoughts have been on her girls.
Rachel, we love you! We pray for you! And we are praying for a fast recovery. May the Lord watch over and keep you safe.  I love you!  Sleep tight tonight. I know that doesn't happen in a hospital but try to rest.  We will see you in the morning!

2 comments:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

OMG, what a scary thing to go through, especially since she is so young! Praying for your sister tonight, hope everything is ok!

Shaw Family said...

I am so sad to hear about this. She will be in our prayers for sure. We miss having them in our ward and I was just thinking about her the other day.