July 19, 2011

Getting closer

This morning I had a doctors appointment.  I was in huge hopes of some good news. But I was alittle disappointed with today's news.  I am still dialated to 2 cm.  Hasn't changed since last week and on a side note, the assistant asked me "How have you been feeling?"  I didn't think much of it.  So I gave the typical reasons why I didn't feel well :
~ really really really tired
~ constantly grumpy and huge mood swings
~ incredibly hot most of the time
~ feeling nervous and anxious

I finally asked why.  She then told me that my thryoid levels were dangerously low.  For normal functioning thyroids, the blood level should be around 41 something.  My levels were showing an  11.  Thats right, an 11.  Talk about really really low.  So the doctor commented on it and how it was pretty worriesome to him, so he ordered more blood work to be done today so we coudl get a better feel for where we are.
Now mind you this isn't the first time in my life I have had to deal with Thyroid issues.  Right before my mission I was diagnosed with a goiter.  Since then, it has been in remission and no activity has come of it.  I have had to have my blood drawn and tested every 6 months to make sure all was well and since my mission I have had no problems with it.  Well I guess this might be it.  I am not sure.  It could also be an issue with being pregnant. The doc said that more and more women are having issues with they're thyroids during pregnancy. I hope that is the case.  This stuff is no fun.
I was almost told I could not serve my mission due to thyroid problems.  We had a huge ward fast in my behalf and future test results cleared themselves up allowing me to serve. I am so glad too because that was an amazing experience.
Due to low levels it is diagnosed at Hyperthryroidism.  We will see.;
I will hear back either tomorrow or first thing Thursday to see what the results are.  So if they are still incredibly low, that means they will probably have to induce me, which isn't a bad idea if you ask me, or try to keep things going well with tons of meds.  I am not sure if  I want that. I am not too big on medications.  We will see. Wish us luck!!!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I'm glad it didn't stop you from serving your mission either.....then we wouldn't have met!! Hope it's just a pregnancy thing though and it'll go away soon!! Keep us posted! Love ya!