July 10, 2011

the nursery

This is what the nursery looks like as of today.  As you can see we have done absolutely nothing to it. I sure wish I could give you a picture of some amazingly decorated room fit for a queen but I don't. I don't have the funds or the time to do it.  You would think since I have been waiting for a girl for more than 6 years now we would have had this thing completed months ago, but I have no excuse. This pregnancy has passed so quickly that it is almost insane.  Since my babies always sleep in our room for the first couple of months until they start sleeping for longer stretches, I still have time to produce a fun room for her.  I am not worried.
This weekend my friends and family held a baby shower for me.  I am so sorry to say I don't have any pictures of the shower to prove it but I do have a closet full of fun things to show for it.  We got a lot of fun things and I can't wait to actually dress her up.  I am just too excited right now.  I keep telling her that it is ok to come anytime now.  Whenever she is ready, because we are more than ready.

 Yes, those are clothes piled up in her crib.  This week's job, to wash all the clothes, and pack a hospital bag.
The boys have been looking through her things saying things like, "Oh mom, she is going to look soooo cute in this dress," or " Mom, look how fun this is!"  It is so much fun watching my boys get excited about her coming too. She is so loved already it isn't even funny. She will be one spoiled well protected little girl.
Every once in awhile we sit down and talk about names with the boys.  Here are a few of the names they like..... brace yourself some of them are extreme.....

~ princess leah
~ zandra
~ lizzie
~ flower
~ alexi
~ z (?, that one is from Andrew)
~ silly girl

the list goes on and on.  A few of the names Lance and I like are ....

~ Ellie Mae ( my personal fav.)
~ Alexis ( Lexi for short)
~ Kennedy
~ McKenna
~ Jocelyn
~ Jessica

Which one do you like? Any girl name ideas?  We are asking for ideas. We cannot for the love come up or agree on the same name.  Boy names were easy for us no problem, but names for a girl? Wow, this is the challenge of our marriage.
Stay tuned. We will see what is going to happen this week! We love you all! Thanks for you calls, emails and visits! We love them all!!!!!!

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Whatever name you come up with will be perfect!! Luckily that is one issue we don't have long discussions over....since in the Tongan culture your kids are named after family. It's always seemed to work out! With two coming this time, Ova gets to name one and I get to name one....but I think we've already decided and agreed whether they are boys or girls....