August 26, 2011

Please sleep!!!!

Dear Ellie,

Sweet girl, I am not sure what is going on but I am really tired.  I spent literally my whole day trying to make you happy. Did it work? No, not really.  You screamed and were incredibly fussy.  Seems like that is all you do when you are awake.  You are most happy when you sleep.  That makes this very tired momma happy too.  I am not sure if this is your temperment or if something really hurts you.  I have cut out all dairy and sweets but so far that is not making the difference.  So if it not the cause, I am going to start eating it again.  That is has been really hard cutting that completely out of my diet. I feel like I am running dry.
Your days and nights are still kind of mixed up.  You would think after 3 weeks of being alive we would get that figured out but still no luck. 
I have heard many moms say "Don't you wish there were a 4th trimester in pregnancy?" I thought for sure those moms were crazy that wished for that but now, I think I would go for a 4th trimester of being uncomfortable then to comfort a screaming baby for those 3-4 months.  I don't know, it is hard to say.
Don't get me wrong, you are just the most beautiful, most sweet thing that has happened to our family and believe me when I say it is a good thing.  You have made your dad soft as well as your brothers.  Andrew contiually likes to pick out your clothes each morning so I am sorry if you are not color cordinated in a lot of your pictures.  You can thank Andrew for that when you get older.  You still look too adorable though.
We took  you in for an ultrasound on your kidneys Wednseday morning and the results came back this afternoon.  The doctor says your left kidney was slightly dialated.  So they are refering us to a Urinologist, I believe is how you spell it.  We are suppose to schedule that next week.  So keep our fingers crossed that all will continue to go well with your little organs.  Best news is, there is no ill effects from it, it is just something that has to be monitored and if it needs treatment, it is a very common procedure so I am not worried.
So dear Ellie, while you are sound asleep at this moment and I am questioning myself as to why I am still awake and wasting my time on the computer, I want you to know I love you very much. You make me  happy and I am so glad you have come to our family.  Life just wouldn't be the same without you.
And if this is what they call colic, then I guess bring it on. I survived Keaton, and I pray that I can do it again.  After all this usually goes away after 3-4 months of age.  It is the getting through those months that are tough.  So if you will be patient with me I will try my hardest to be patient with you.

I love you,

Your momma

2 comments:

Kelly and Brittany said...

She is so beautiful! And I love her name. It's so hard when they don't sleep but before you know it it will be in the past. i'm sorry
I missed you the other day on facebook, I was so excited to see your messages! I hope you are going good! Sure miss you!!

Jaclyn said...

poor thing... do you think maybe she has reflux? :(