September 5, 2011

Healing

This past weekend was one of the toughest for me since Ellie was born.  I am not sure what has happened or changed in me but juggling 4 children has been the hardest thing I have EVER done.  I am not saying that some days are hard.  I am telling you, everyday is hard.  We have been having some issues with Ellie and she still continues to cry alot.  We have been in and out of the doctors, and hospitals for x-rays, ultrasounds and everything else under the sun.  We still don't have answers and may never get them, so for now we just spend our days trying to get her to stay asleep and help her to be happy.
This past weekend Lance went to Georgia for the BSU vs. Georgia football game.  He got to stay with his brother Lee and his wife Jacyln for the weekend since they moved there over a year ago.  Lance's parents also were there with him so it was a nice relaxing weekend for all of them.  I am so glad that Lance got to get out and away. 
As for the rest of us, well we survived. The boys did ok, Ellie, not so good.  Thanks to my parents who let us come and play at their house almost every day was really helpful. Thanks mom and dad!
We finally got a new t.v and Lance has wanted Apple TV for a long time so we did it. We got it set up and we also got NetFlix. That is incredible by the way. I will never have to put in a DVD again hopefully.  It has been nice to sit and watch every now and then.
Last night was the roughest in the Snyder household.  Ellie screamed pretty  much from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. with intense crying.  I was almost ready to rush her into the ER because I didn't know what was going on.  I called our good friend Matt to come and give her a blessing.  Let me tell you alittle bit about our friend Matt.  He and his wife are incredible people.  I work alongside them and they bought our last home we built.  He is our Chiropractor.  He has helped me and my family alot.  I called him because I didn't know who else to call.  So he and our other good friend Doug who lives down the street from us, came over to give Ellie a blessing. She finally calmed down and she actually slept for awhile.  Bro. Hales checked out her tailbone and gave her a little exam from head to toe and then noticed that the plates in her head were overlapping.  So there is something else we are going to work on.
I have been having severe pain in my left ear.  I have never had an ear ache before and I think that is what this is. So last night he adjusted me as well to see if he could open up the ear canal and see if it would heal itself. So far, we are still in pain but has become more manageable today. They also gave me a blessing.  I am so thankful for good friends who are worthy and ready to respond when the call is made.  I felt very blessed to have them and their wives come and help us out last night.
We all slept alittle better.  Ellie was the usual every 3 1/2 hours.  Lance got home around midnight.  I am so glad that he is home.  I am also so glad that he had a weekend away to regroup.  Seems like we all need that every now and then.
While I am typing this Lance has my 3 boys out on an adventure and Ellie is in her swing screaming bloody murder.  What else is there for me to do? It seems like no matter what I do, it won't console her so she will have to sit and let me be by myself for a few minutes.  Then we will start all over again. Walking 100 miles around in circles in our home just trying to get to her to sleep and then once you lay her down it starts all over again. Oh the joys of motherhood.
I hope we heal soon!

1 comment:

emilyaaa said...

oh my word, melissa! that is awful! i had ONE fussy baby (which is more than any mother should ever have!) and it was maddening! Like everyone predicted, she stopped screaming nonstop around 3 months (and cutting our dairy did make a huge difference, luckily) but i'm telling you, those 3 months were REALLY hard! i so hear you! I wish i could do something to help you.

Four kids IS insane!! Do you realize that you have three boys and one baby girl, and i have three girls and one baby boy? both of our oldest just started 1st grade. both of our babies were born this summer. The main difference is probably that my baby is the happiest, easiest baby in the world. If i could switch you babies for a day, just to give you a break, i would!!

you're so nice to let Lance go to that game. i don't think Reid got to do anything fun for the 3 months that we had a fussy baby in the house. my sanity was literally hanging by a thread...so he wasn't allowed to do anything but work and give me a break :)

well, good luck with your ear and your baby and your sanity. you're awesome and your kids are lucky to have you as their mom!! Ellie is beautiful and looks just like her brothers--but in a girlie way. good luck with all you've got going on! hopefully 3 months is the magical number for you, too!