September 5, 2011

My ear drum ruptured

I have never had an ear infection before.  Now I understand just what everyone says when they really hurt.  I have been battling a really sore ear for the past week and a half now and I finally gave in today because the pain was so bad. I can't chew, talk or swallow, it hurts so bad.  So because today is Labor Day everyone is pretty much closed. So I had to go into St. Lukes Hospital's Urgent Care to have it looked at.
Dr. said that my left ear drum had ruptured and my ear was also fighting another bacterial infection that is eating away my skin on the inside. I was literally cry pretty  much all afternoon.  It hurts that bad.  So now we are on a lot of medications to see if we can get to to feel better.  We will also see if I will have 100% hearing back in that ear. I guess it is possible to have some hearing loss. I will cross my fingers that that doesn't happen. I can't really even hear out of it right now anyways.  It would really stink to be deaf in one ear. On top of that my temperature is almost a 102 and that would explain why I am always freezing.
Now it is to bed.  I am really tired and my ear really, really, really hurts. Hears to a really fun Labor Day. So sorry Lance!

No comments: