September 25, 2011

That time of year!

It's that time of year when all of our holiday/fall/Halloween stuff come out.  This past week Andrew was a little under the weather so I kept him home from preschool.  While he was home, we cleaned, rearranged and put up our Halloween decor.  Is it alittle early?  I would say YES, but Andrew was so gosh darn excited that I couldn't refuse his excitement so it is up in the Snyder home.  They are loving it too! He even decorated his room with Halloween lights around the window so at night when they go to bed they plug them in.  Kind of fun for them.  They have always done that and they love it!
If only the weather would cool down a bit.  It has still be close to 90 degrees every day.  Still having to use the AC during the day.  I am ready to open my windows and let the fresh, cool air back in.  We are ready for the leaves to change colors, for the fireplace to come on and all the other fun holiday things that start to happen this time of year.
Ellie did terrible today at church.  I walked the halls for 2 hours straight.  While I would try to sneek in Relief Society to hear the bishop speak to all the women, Ellie would start to cry all over again so it was back out into the halls to roam with all the other dads with their small children.  Its amazing most of us still go to church.  Seems like all our time is spent trying to keep one happy, while we are helping the others not fight.  It is lovely with a fussy baby on top of that.  It works out really well and we look like a work of art at church each Sunday.  But we keep going because hopefully it will sink into our children the importance of Sunday worship.  Fingers crossed.
I am sitting here typing listening to my babe scream in her swing and also listening to Owen, who is now refusing to take naps asking to get out of his room.  I just want to sleep! It's a good Sunday.

1 comment:

Justin and JoLyn said...

It's amazing to me as well that people come to church and give so much of their time in their callings when it's so very hard. People just wouldn't do it if they didn't know it was true. Your kids are learning the importance of Sunday worship. Hang in there! (And I like your blog. It's honest & real and just makes me want to say, "Amen, Sista!")