October 1, 2011

October

I can't believe it is October already.  This is probably one of my most favorite months of the whole year.  I LOVE it for some many reasons.  The cooler weather, the holiday season is around the corner, pumpkins, making cookies with my kids, finding the perfect costume and the smell of chimney smoke in the air. 
I have to admit that we have had our Halloween/Fall decor up for the past week.  Andrew was alittle under the weather a week ago and so he saw my bins full of our decorations and begged me to put them up.  So that is what we did.  They were so excited to put it all up.
They have Halloween lights hanging in the window in their bedroom so it will light up their room at night.  They have pumpkins and all fun kinds of things hanging on their walls and on their dresser.
We are trying to decide what to be for Halloween.  My boys are going through the dreaded Power Ranger phase right now.  Blast you Power Rangers! I can't stand them ,but my boys apparently love them! One wants to be a red one, then the other a black.  Next day, their ideas change.  Wish us luck! Owen is still young enough that I can make him look cute. Now if only we could find one that doesn't cost a million dollars.

The only thing that I really could do without during the Holidays is the icky bug that gets passed around from kid to kid.  This year we are taking a different approach. We have been using some of the essential oils and they are making a huge difference in my boys and also Ellie.  We love them and we are always smelling good.  The diffuser is the way to go this time of year.

2 comments:

The Kynastons said...

I love your Halloween decorations, especially that cute sign on your fireplace! Good luck with the power rangers. :)

Justin and JoLyn said...

Kyler was a power ranger for Halloween three years in a row. (A different color each year.) Too bad we aren't neighbors--I could totally hook you up with costumes! The power range phase is real... and long!