October 30, 2011

It's just a Sunday

That was all I could think about today, " It's just a Sunday!"  I don't know why but Sunday seems to be the most hectic day for me out of all the days of the week.  I hate to admit it, but its true!  Seems like we are on the go from 6:30 a.m. until bed time at 8 p.m.  Tonight was no different.  Since Lance was set called to serve as Young Men's President, his morning consists of meetings and after church also.  So it is crazy getting myself and 4 little ones dressed and ready to go when dad comes back to pick us up at 8:30 a.m.  Doesn't that seem so early?  It does to me.  Now that the sun doesn't even show its face until almost 8:30- 9 a.m. it makes it just a little harder to roll out of bed and start another day.
The kids did pretty well in Sacrament today.  Ellie fussed so it usually means either Lance or I walking and bouncing the hallways with her.
After church we always go to my parents house for the afternoon to visit with them and to have Sunday dinner.  I love Sunday dinners over there. I enjoy being back in the house I grew up in.  Something about home that makes me always want to go back.
This evening my dad hid a bunch of Halloween candy in their back yard for all the kids to find.  They just thought that was the coolest thing. Thanks dad for making their evening! Even though it consisted of sugar, it was fun.  Tis the holiday season right?

We tried to get our kids to be happy to take some family pictures, but needless to say they didn't turn out well.  I never seem satisfied when someone else takes our picture. Either they take them at the wrong angle, or to close up or too far away, they never really turn out so this years Christmas card might be a disappointment.  But we still have time left to take more.
Some of my children were happy and some of them were not, as you can tell in our family photo.  At one point all my children were crying in the car on the ride over to my parents.  It just makes mom feel so happy and want to sing songs.  It wore me out seirously and we all look it too.
Wow, have I really aged that much?  I admit it has been really hard to loose all the Ellie weight. Grant it, it has only been 3 months, but seriously, this picture proves that workouts need to be more intense. Isn't if funny that we are never content with ourselves.  There is always room for improvement.
 Ellie, what can I say?  I am really tired.  I am exhausted.  She has really gotten better but today I felt like it was 2 steps back.  She cried a lot today. I know she was really tired but really?  She cried from about 3-7:30 p.m.  That makes for a really long afternoon.  She is so gosh darn cute though so it is hard to get mad. I just look at her and feel so thankful that the Lord sent her to us.  She is a blessing.
 You can tell who was happy and who was not.  Keaton had an emotional breakdown on the ride over.  So he refused to smile for anyone.  Too bad because they might have to go in the christmas picture.  Sorry Keaton, that is what happens when you don't smile. The world will see it.
 There are moments when I look at his smile and I just melt.  I really love this boy!
Owen, well he has been by far the hardest two year old I have been in charge of.  It's either his way or the higway and when he doesn't get it, watch out.  We wonder if it is time for his big boy bed yet, but Lance and I look at each other and we aren't ready for that yet.
His nursery teacher commented to Lance today that he is really sweet in the nursery.  He cleans up when they clean up and he really eats when they eat.  In fact today she said that he usually knows when it is time for clean up and snack time and usually starts the song to remind the teachers.  Today was no different.  The teachers were behind on schedule and here came Owen singing the clean up song for her and letting her know it was past time for snacks.  She was thankful for the reminder. That's my boy!
Now it is 9 p.m. and everyone in the house is fast asleep.  I can hear nothing but noise makers running.  It is a beautiful sound after a long Sunday.

No comments: