November 16, 2011

The stomach flu

So I was dumb thinking that the stomach flu would pass us by, well I was wrong.  We were hit pretty hard Sunday night when Keaton started to complain about his stomach hurting right before he went to bed. So we did a little to help him out and an hour later he came out and told us he needed to throw up, well he really meant it because he threw up all over the office floor and then numerous times in the bathroom.  So we made a little bed for him upstairs to kind of quarintin the place.  Lance was kind to sleep with him since I had to be close to Ellie so I could feed her throughout the night.  He started to run a fever and Lance gave him a blessing and he actually slept through the night peacefully. 
Well I was the one who was hit hard next.  I woke up around 4 a.m. and was just feeling awful.  I had a whooping headache, body aches, the chills and the feeling that I needed to throw up too.  So I was next in line.  Mine lasted much longer than Keaton's.  Keaton woke up the next morning feeling perfectly fine.  So I knew mine wouldn't last the entire day. 
We kept Keaton home from school just to be safe and not spread the holiday cheer to everyone else.  The boys played nicely all day long. Dad made them forts and they watched Shaun the Sheep and Phineas and Ferb quite abit.  More than I would have liked but considering the situation I didn't care.  I was miserable.  I layed down everywhere I could.  It was hard to watch Ellie and have the strength to carry her and take care of her while having no energy to even lift my head.  Thank goodness Lance has been home these past couple of days. We couldn't have done this without him.
So Tuesday came around and everyone was happy and healthy.  The boys went to school and life felt like it was back to normal until the afternoon rolled around.  We had just picked up Keaton from school around 4 p.m. when all of a sudden Owen and Andrew started puking everywhere.  So in order to clean up my couches, the floors and the carpets, I put them all in the bathtub to soak and clean up.  They were content in there for quite some time.  I hate cleaning up puke.  I really do!  It's a good thing my nose is still plugged up because I couldn't smell it.  It is the kind of smell that makes you want to throw up the way when someone yawns, it makes you yawn.
So everyone was cleaned up and bathed and in pajamas at 4:30 p.m. and we were waiting for dad to get home.  All that time I was praying like crazy that Ellie wouldn't get it. 
Ellie goes to bed around 6 p.m. so after we put her down we all headed upstairs to help the boys out.  We watched more Shaun the Sheep (by the way, have you seen that show? It is pretty funny.) and Lance had one boy with a bucket on hand ready for puke and I was with the other.  Owen fell asleep pretty fast and so we were happy that he was sleeping.  Andrew on the other hand was hit the hardest with the stomach bug.  Poor guy was puking every half hour seemed like.  I wanted to cry for him.  All we could do was rub his back and help him out best we could.  After about 4 hours of it, he finally settled down for bed and they both have been sleeping since.
Now here I am at 6:30 a.m. with a baby that wants to be entertained and a house full of sleeping boys, I am crossing my fingers for a better day today.

1 comment:

The Kynastons said...

I am so sorry! I know how hard it is when just macie is throwing up all over, I can't imagine multiple kids at once, plus YOU not feeling well. Yuck. I hour you stall back to 100% real soon (and that Ellie stays healthy!)