January 1, 2012

2012

I actually stayed awake until midnight last night. It was really hard for me to do.  I am not the type of person that can stay wide awake that late at night.  Lance on the other hand can stay up no matter what time it is to finish a movie that has already started.  Even if the movie is really good, you will usually find me dozing in and out during the entire movie.  The other night we rented Super 8. Ever see it?  Kind of different.  I was into it and finding it quite interesting.  I started to feel alittle tired and then I found myself waking up to Lance turning the T.V. off and telling me it was time for bed.  I was so mad, because I really wanted to see how it ended.  That is how most movies end for me.  I am not sure why I am telling you this but what I wanted to say was that last night was the first time in a really long time, in the 9 years Lance and I have been married that we stayed up until midnight to see the ball drop.  It wasn't that exciting but we did it!  Happy New Year to everyone! 
What are your goals?  Me, well I usually set them at the beginning of the month and try to committ myself to fulfilling them but like always, it never really works. Some things do but a few weeks into it I lose track and give up or just forget about it.
This year, not happening. I am fully committed to doing what I have in mind. I have been thinking about this ever since Ellie was born and I am writing it all down so who ever reads this can ask me sometime later this year how my goals were going.
This year I am focusing on me.  That may sound really selfish and I admit it is but I have to start with me in order to get my family on board too.  I am committing myself to better health.  I want to feel the best I have ever felt.  I want to be at my perfect weight and have energy.  No more waking up angry at the world, when really the world hasn't done anything to me yet.  I don't want to wake up already angry at my children.  Just because they have decided to wake me up mulitple times during the night, playing musical beds, does not give me a enough excuse to be mad at them.  I am going to be a better cook.  No more fast foods (for me anyways), no more preservatives.  It has to be all healthy, a new way of cooking.  It is going to taste great! I am excited for my kids to be healthy eaters because right now they are not that way.  Some times they are but my goal is for the treats and candy to be out of the house and more snacking on healthy foods.
My goal is also to lose 20 lbs. by April.  I am going to workout every day for at least 45 minutes.  I am not sure how I am going to do this with little ones always following me and demanding for my attention but it has to be done. 
Sweets are my downfall.  I should actually say "our" downfall is sweets.  We love sweets! In fact my middle child Andrew is always asking for a treat at least every 20 minutes throughout the day.  It is really terrible. I should actually take count one day to see how many times he will actually ask me for one. 
I have been attending Zumba classes and they have been so much fun. I have always loved to dance and this might be my ticket for working out.  It has really given me a good reason to get up and get working.  I dont' really enjoy the sweat and tears that I have to go through but man o man I feel so good afterwards.

So here is to new beginnings! Here's to a healthier, happier me this year!  It's going to be a great year, I can already feel it.  Happy New  Year's to each and every one of you!

1 comment:

Nicole Ray said...

Where do you take Zumba?