March 12, 2012

Stake dance

Since Lance was called to be the Young Men's President there are a few things that are asked of him.  One of the - a chaperone for the Saturday night stake dance.  Well this last Saturday Lance volunteered us.  I was alittle excited to go. I have always loved being involved with the youth.  I miss not being in Young Women's anymore and so this was a fun chance for us to get out and do something different for a change. My mom was nice enough to come over and watch the kiddos while we went.  The last time I have been to a stake dance was when I was in young women's myself.  Even then, I didnt' really go because they were really lame.  There was no dancing. The boys were usually on one side playing hacky sack and the girls were alwasy on the other side worried about hair and makeup.  Since I wasn't into either I didn't really attend those.  They were never really fun anyways.  If I did go it was because I was dragged to them. 
Well, they are completely different now.  It was acutally fun.  There were about 12 other couples there also to help out.  I thought that maybe 20 kids would show up but nope, there were close to 300 kids there.  There was food, games and lots of fun things to do.
Each couple was assigned to do something different, like monitor the rooms, making sure all the lights were on and the doors were open.  One couple had to check the parking lot, making sure there were no steamed windows and that the kids weren't just hanging out in the parking lot.  The others monitored the halls and the gym while the kids danced.  It was a lot of fun.  We all danced, hung out and did our duty too. We played games with the youth and I won't lie, I went out dancing too. Some of the other moms joined us too.
They were just a fun bunch of kids. There were no problems the entire night and everyone just had a great time.  Deny Wagstaff (owner of KFC) is Young Men's Stake President and he was the DJ. He was a fun DJ and the kids had a good time.
Thanks Lance for a fun date night! Too bad our Stake's turn is over. I would do that again.

No comments: