September 30, 2012

Life as we know it

I seriously cannot believe it has been alittle over 2 weeks since I posted. I am so sorry. Actually does anyone read this? If you have read this, then please leave a short comment. I have been debating whether or not to say goodbye to the blogging world or if this is something I am going to look back on one day and be so grateful I stuck with it. This year for my christmas present I just want to put all my blogs into a book. I think it is a brillant idea. So I have started to compile all of my of my posts and put them in ink. I can't wait!

Life has been crazy busy.  Where do I begin? You may or may not be bored with my life but this is for me because I feel like if I don't get it all out there I am going to just explode. I will start with my children. My first born Keaton. My oldest, dearest son is 7. Can you believe that? This week I have just stopped sometimes to do whatever it is I am busy doing and just watch him. He is so excited to be baptized next summer.  He is already telling me all about what he wants to do when he is 8. He is seriously so sweet and so mischevious. Is that possible? He is a great helper when he wants to be and trouble when he thinks he can get away with it too.  He is doing great in school. I get to volunteer every Tuesday morning with some reading fluenices. I have really loved getting to see him in a classroom setting and interact with his classmates. He has a fabulous teacher this year and I have just been thrilled with his school. This week they have off for Fall Harvest break. He is really excited about that.  He is playing soccer and flag football. This week I got to go and watch him practice. He is really, really good. I hate to brag, but since he is my son and I love him, I think he was one of the best. He is just a natural and things come that way to him. They always have, and hopefully always will.  I am thinking about putting him piano in the winter. We will see. I think he would love gymnastics as well. I love giving them opportunities and then stepping back to see what they want to do with it. Continue it or ditch it.  This week, I have to share it. I was sitting in my room reading last Wednseday evening and he came in and asked me if he could come and sit by me. So he did and we sat there and talked. Just about random silly things. They were silly things but they were things of importance to him. He really wanted to have a conversation. I put what I was reading down and we just talked. I loved it! In fact when he went back to bed, I just sat there and got teary eyed. When did he grow up? I hope he can always come and talk to me so freely like he did.

Andrew, he is giving me a run for my money.  I look at him and wonder where on earth he came from. Do you have a child like that? I love, love, love him seriously with everything I have but sometimes I look at him and really believe that he is an instrument in the Lord's hands to teach my something valuable. He doesn't obey like we would like him to. We usually have to remind him 1,2,10 times to do something,but he usually does it. I wish it would after the first time he is asked but we are making baby steps.  He is on a soccer team as well. Andrew is a great player. His team is young and they really don't know what they are doing and all I want to do is laugh when I watch him play. Sometimes he is in the zone and focused and then there are other times when he is dozing off, probably thinking about candy or some kind of treat, he has been a great player on the team. He loves, loves, loves to ride the bus home each and every day from school. He has a great group of friends he rides with and we have a great schedule with him. The other day I was waiting for his bus to come. Come to find out it already had and there was no Andrew, neither his little friends that he rides the bus with. So I didn't really panic because I knew they would be together but still, myself along with another mom from our ward started to panic when there was no kids after 10-15 minutes. I am on the phone with the busing system and they can't figure out where they are and in the meantime I get a phone call from Lance telling me that Andrew was home. He had gone through an empty field on the way home and I passed right by them. Just about scared me. That is my Andrew, keeping me on my toes.


I did get to go to his class on Friday and volunteer for Apple Day.  He has a wonderful teacher as well. Keaton and Andrew are not in the same schoo. This year's lottery just didn't do that for us. So they are in seperate schools acrosee the street from each other, but it works and we have a great systerm going on. I have been impressed with both schools. Anways, he has a great teacher and she is like the grandma that just loves, loves her kids. I couldn't be more happier with his teacher. He is learning a lot. Last night was the Women's conference and I went with my good friends and Lance held down the fort. Well while I was gone Andrew was climbing a tree and he fell. The branches weren't as strong as he was heavy and so the tree beat him up all the way down. His face is pretty bruised. Especially his eye. He woke up this morning pretty tramatized by it. It was completely swollen shut. I will watch it for the next day or so and if it hasn't gone back down I will take him in. He got a pretty good cut and I think that is what is causing his eyelid to swell up like that. He doesn't complain of it hurting and he is opening it more and more.


Owen, well he is something else. Whoever said that two was terrible. I disagree, three has been much worse. I hope this is a phase that he is going through. But most days his main goal is to torment Ellie. Poor girl is learning to put up her own with him. She will start to growl and then head butt him and try to bite. We are teaching her that is a no, no. Anyways, Owen has preschool this year. He is starting to like it. It is taking him awhile to adjust. I have to admit something right now. Owen hates the wind.  Back in June we had a pretty good size storm roll through Boise. Well this storm blew everything over, trees, knocked out power and blew alll our paper and eating untensils and just blew them away like crazy. He didn't react too well to that and was terrified from that day on of the wind. Most days he doesn't really notice it but there are those days when the wind is blowing alittle harder and he will stop and look at the trees and run and ask me if a storm is coming. So we have to gently reassure him that there is no storm and that the wind is safe. Poor guy. I hope he gets over it soon. It's a killer. He is trying to keep up with the boys. His vocabulary has just doubled in size over the past few weeks. Talking full sentences and I am understanding it more and more. Love that about him. What I love about Owen is when he wakes up in the morning he will come into our room and come to my side and whisper if he can come sleep by me. I love it when his little face nestles into my neck and he falls back to sleep, most of the time.

Ellie, wow, she has really grown. Just this week she has started to walk like crazy. My baby is growing up. She is just the cutest girl that every walked the planet. Her smile. Her teeth. Her hair. Everything about her I just love and adore. But she is teething right now and she is extra clingy and well, that I could do without but she loves to be held and cuddled so I guess I can do it alittle longer. She is sleeping through the night now. That makes a huge difference. She takes good naps and is a great eater. She loves to play outside. What little kid doesn't it? Just the other day our little neighbor Carly came over and asked if she could take Ellie for a ride in her power wheel. Ellie just loved that. It made her whole day. Then all she wanted to do was sit in and and have someone take her for rides. It was so fun to watch her. She still loves bath time and hates to get dressed. When I change her diapers as well. I literally have to pin her down with my legs. It is something else. If only she would lay still for 5 seconds I could be done, but nope, it takes us a good 5 minutes to do it.
I wish time could freeze for her just awhile longer. She is loved!!!!

Lance is busy in the bishopric and building homes. He loves it! I am happy for him. He loves creating things with is hands and this is the perfect thing for him. He is currently building 4 homes with two others in the works. He constantly amazes me with his faith and determination to do what he wants to do and make a living out of it. Way to go hun!!!!!! Thanks for all the hard work you do.
As for me, well I feel like I am here, there and should be over there most of the time. I live in my car, running kids to and from school and then from scouts and back and then to sports. Life is crazy right now. I also teach every morning some workout classees. That has been a big deal for me. I teach every morning at 6 and we have a great time. I am losing inches and that is good.
I am still training for that marathon in October as well. Just really really busy. But I am happy and loving what I am doing. I will be doing some traveling teaching some oil classes coming up this month. We are headed to Washington and then to Oregon to teach, teach and teach some more. I never thought I would do this but here I am and I am loving it!
Wow, that is enough for now. Thanks for sticking with me. That was a lot.

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Keep blogging! I read it and I'm sure others do to! Don't do it for your readers though, do it for yourself and your kids! I think it's an awesome idea to print them into books, I do that too and LOVE them! I don't know how many times I've went back and read what I've written and been so grateful I did because otherwise I would have forgotten. Love you Quinn :)