November 2, 2012

Halloween

This was the first year in many years when we did not have a trunk or treat to go to. I was kind of bumned about that but we found another great alternative. My sister Rachel lives in Middleton and in a great subdivision so we took our kids over there to trick or treat.
But let me start from the beginning of our day. We started the day with a healthy breakfast of Krispy Kreme Halloween donuts and hot chocolate. Then all the kids had school so that was nice. I went and volunteered at Andrew's school harvest party. I had a great time being with Andrew and watching him have a fun time. They had a lot of different stations to go to for snacks, crafts and fun games. Then I went straight home to be picked up by one of my most favorite friends, Diane Payne. We went to take her son, Cardston, who is a senior this year to go downtown Boise and take his senior pictures. We had a great time. I think we laughed the whole time.  Then I got home just in time to make a quick dinner and then dress the kiddos in their costumes and head to Middleton. The whole day felt like it was go, go, go but that made it all the more entertaining. Since my days are spent pretty much at home since we have a schedule to keep to. It was nice for a change.
The weather was perfect! The day was warm and sunny but towards the evening it started to get overcast and then it cooled down quite abit, just as we were starting to trick or treat. But that didn't stop us. Ellie was a sport to sit in her stroller and just go for a ride. She was the most well behaved Lady Bug there was.







Hope you had a wonderful Halloween too! Until next year......

1 comment:

Travis and Marie said...

A very nice job on the pumpkins boys! That is some skillful carving.