November 2, 2012

Palmer's Harvest Party

Once again the Palmer's party did not disapppoint my children. They LOVED it! It was perfect weather and perfect company. We all met up at my parents house to have breakfast for dinner. My kids are big fans of that. Breakfast for any meal really gets no complaints from them. Then we dressed the kids up and walked down to the Palmers.
This year Spiderman and Captain America parachuted into the party. That was fun. Then the plane flew over head to drop all the candy out for everyone to pick up. Since there were so many people this year it was next to impossible to find just one piece of candy on the ground. Keaton and Andrew were off running with friends in search of candy and I was helping Owen find a few pieces. He was in tears. He was so sad that he couldn't find anything. Seriously when the plane flies over and dumps buckets of candy out the window, it falls fast and hits you really hard. I got hit in the head with a number of hard pieces of candy, so did Owen. He didn't really like that. With the help from other adults, Owen was able to fill up his bucket and walk away a happy camper. Ellie was a trooper and had a great time. I think she was just so entertained with how many people were there and all the costumes. She really didn't make too many sounds.
Only sad thing is, this was the Palmer's last year to host the party. It has become so huge that it is just overwhelming to continue. It started about 4 years ago as a ward Halloween party and then each year the word spread alittle further and further out, this year it was estimated that close to 900 people were there. That is a lot of people. My children will greatly miss this fun tradition we started. I guess we are just going to have to come up with our own party to start.






1 comment:

Travis and Marie said...

This was a highlight for us. I'm glad you shared so we could go. My little boys loved it!