July 9, 2013

4th of July

This year was a great year! We had great company, amazing food and such fun entertainment. My kids really enjoyed the fireworks. I didn't have any really little ones to worry about besides Ellie. She was completely fine and just had a great time skipping around as well.
We opted to stay at home this year. My family all gathered at my sister's house but we were content to let the kids play with the other million children that live in our little neighborhood. But when it was time for bed she was ready and she slept like an angel the entire night, thanks to her noise maker. I love those things. Couldn't live without it.
The weather was great. It clouded over and it cooled down just a little bit making it tolerable for me to be outside.
Once 10 o'clock rolled around everyone walked down to the park for the first annual Star Firework show. It was a great show. I was really impressed. I stayed behind and sat out in front of our home and had a great view of them while Ellie slept.
My boys were exhausted. They were up until 11:30 and once their sweet little heads hit the bed they were out like a light.



No comments: