August 25, 2013

Finding gray hairs

 
Yep, that is what I found this morning while brushing my hair. When did this happen?
But do you see me frowning? Nope. I guess it is just life and apparently it is coming early for me. Maybe it is because I have 5 crazy little people running around my home. Seldom is there time for me to take time and get ready. Most days you will find me in sweats and a T-shirt. Why? Well, there is so much to do and kids running in and out of my house and I never know who it is or where they are going. I have a 4 year old who believes that he is old enough to just go and do what he wants, without letting me know. His little partner in crime lives just right down the street. They are so fun to watch but I have to be careful because they just come and go together. So Tonia, Joey's mom, and I have a communication thing going on so we know where they are. It has been helpful.
Owen will literally wake up at 8 in the morning and then get dressed and kindly let me know that he is going to Joey's house. Our rule: no bugging friends until 9:30. Some people actually like to sleep in. So he will get dressed and just ask me every five minutes if it is 9:30. We are getting better but my goodness, this is getting to me. I should just buy him a watch and teach him to tell time so he can do it on his own.
School has started for Keaton and Andrew. They are both full time now. It has been quiet around here. I never really realized how much they helped me out until this summer when Grandma Snyder took them to Utah for a week. Well, I am missing their help. I know they are in a good place and that makes me happy. They have darling teachers. I feel really confident that they are in good hands. We have a great Charter school that they attend. I couldn't be happier. It sure beats public school.
This year is going to be a great year for them. They get on the bus at 8:30 in the morning and we don't see them until 4:30 when the bus drops them off. Riding the bus this year is new to them. I have always had issues with buses. Weird kids ride the bus and I didn't want my kids around that.
Well, they are loving it and half our ward rides the same bus and they are happy and content with it.
At least they have each other to sit by. I think that is why they like it. I am okay with that too.
I already live in my car. Once the kids get home, we eat dinner and then it is out the door for football practice or some other event. Scouts, Let's play music or something else. Life just got even crazier.
Owen will start preschool next week and we will have a lot of family coming this coming weekend for Hayden's baby blessing.
Then we will move into our new home. It should be ready the first week in September. We are all so excited! I will post some pictures later when I find time to get over there and check it out.
Yesterday they were installing the cabinets and prepping the floors for tile.
We are going to be a little secluded. There will be no neighbors for awhile. I am okay with that. It will be nice for a change. We have a lot of farmland around us and a ton of space for the kids to ride the go-carts, the rhino and just be as loud as we want. I know they are really going to miss their friends that are here in the cul-de-sac but we will make due. With school starting there will not be much time for playing. We will just have to set up play dates.
So now, I am going to go and enjoy my quiet time for another hour until the rest of the gang comes home from church. Happy Sunday to everyone!

No comments: