August 11, 2013

Keaton's baptism

I  can't believe I have a 8 year old. You know what happens when you turn 8? Keaton knew that answer long ago. It was now his turn and he was so excited. He had been telling everyone about it for months. He wanted to invite his school teacher, who by the way, did come and support him. She is fabulous. His baseball coach and all his friends and family. He had so many people come and support him. He felt so loved.
The week prior Grandma Snyder came to town for a visit. She wanted to take Keaton and Andrew back to Utah with her for a week to play with cousins. They hoped right on that idea and off they went. I was still pregnant and didn't know if a baby would come while they were gone. I was secretively hoping that he would wait until they got back so they wouldn't miss it. Well a week came and went and they had such a great time. I was so happy for them. They grew close to many cousins and made a lot of fun memories that they still talk about. Grandma Snyder was amazing! She entertained those kids like no one else could and I think they wore her out pretty well. I will be forever grateful that she did that, not only for me but for them. They miss her already!
Lance's sister Shauna and her family drove up from Bountiful for the baptism. They had never been to Idaho before so it was a real treat for them and for us to show them a good time. Since we still didn't have a baby and didn't know when he would come because I was due any day, they were kind to find another relative to stay with and I think it would out pretty well.
We played hard, ate good and had a great weekend together. Looking back now I am so thankful that our baby decided to come after all the excitement. I wanted Keaton to have his baptism weekend special only to him and no other. It worked out great.
His baptism was very special for him. He was very quite and receptive to what was going on. He was so handsome too. We gave him his own set of scriptures with his name on it and his only request was that they had indexes on them. Easy to please!
We love you Keaton! Thanks for making an important decision as this. You will forever be blessed because of the choice you made to keep God's commandments. You are so special!



No comments: