August 11, 2013

Hayden Quinn Snyder
August 4, 2013
9 lbs. 3 oz.
2:25 p.m.
 
 
 The whole labor was very peaceful and easy. Perhaps the easiest yet. I was induced the day after Keaton's baptism. Everyone had just gone home and it was time for baby to come. Since he wasn't going to come on his own the doctor decided it was time to come. We were suppose to be induced Sunday morning at 6 a.m. and before we even woke up that morning we got a call from the hospital telling us there was no room in the inn and that we were suppose to sit tight and call back around 10 a.m. to see if there would be an opening for us to come in. So we both looked at each other and rolled over and went back to bed. Well about 7 a.m. and we got a call from the hospital telling us to head down to the hospital and that our doctor must really like us to get us in that fast.
So since it was Sunday, Lance's parents were still in town visiting so we got the kids dressed for church, ate breakfast, got ready ourselves and then had family scripture study. We were out the door by 8:30 for the hospital ready to have a baby.
The kids were thrilled that they would probably have a baby after they got home from church.
We got in our room and hooked up to IV and by 10:30 they started my Pitocin. I still didn't feel contractions. Only tightness that wasn't painful. The contractions weren't that close together so they uped my Pitocin around 11 and I was only dilated to about a 5. So around noon my doctor came in to break my water. No I have to tell you that usually once my water breaks my babies come pretty fast so they were well prepared for that.
But I am getting ahead of myself. I decided to go ahead with an epidural in high hopes that it would work this time. In previous pregnancies this hasn't been the case and it felt like I was giving birth naturally.
Epidural was in around 11. I was still in no pain but they told me that it would be a good idea to get it before the doctor broke my water. So we did that. Easy, piece of cake. This time the epidural really worked its magic. I was completely numb from the armpits down. Can I just tell you that I have not felt that comfortable in a very long time. The feeling of your whole lower limbs going completely numb and tingling felt great to me. So I decided to sleep for awhile. I shouldn't say sleep but relax. Not much was going on so we just hung out for awhile and let the Pitocin do its job.
Around noon the doctor broke my water and my contractions really started to pick up and they were big and close together. I was dilating pretty fast. I felt some kind of pressure but it wasn't painful. So I mentioned it to the nurse and they decided to check to see how I was progressing. Yep, I had progressed alright to a 10. I was ready and so was this baby.
Doctor came in getting all suited up and ready. There were only about 4 of us in the room and it was really quite and peaceful. I thought it was to simple. I started to push around 2:10 and with no real strain Hayden was born at 2:25 p.m. He was beautiful! He was crying and he looked really big.
They laid him on my chest and it was heaven! I love that moment when new life enters in and they hand them to you and they are all yours and only yours.
He nursed right away and has been eating really well ever since.
He weighed 9 lbs. 3 oz. and was 22 1/2 inches long. He was a very healthy, happy big boy.
We were thrilled. We were so excited. It was too easy! It was so peaceful.
Soon after the kids called wondering if they had a baby brother. They were so excited to hear that he was here. They headed up to the hospital right away. They were so excited to hold him. They each got their turn. It was so sweet to watch them.
 
Owen's comment was the best when they were gathered around the nurse who was checking his vitals, he quietly asked Lance " Where is that baby's mom?" It was so funny. I don't think it registered with him that he was ours and that he was in my tummy. Now, he is infatuated with him and loves to be with him every waking minute.
 I love this picture! I think it is going to be one of my all time favorites.
 
The little Boise Bronco hat that Grandpa Q. and Uncle Justin brought to him.
 
Our last quite morning together in the hospital. I usually stay until they kick me out of the hospital. They don't understand what I have to go home to. I loved the being waited on and just being with Hayden. It is really the only time we get to be together just the two of us. I loved the peaceful mornings we had together.







Our little family. I guess I can't say little anymore. We are now a family of 7. Can you believe that?


My family that came to see us. My mom had left that morning to go on the annual family camp trip up to Stanley Lake. She was going to have to wait a whole week to meet Hayden.

 
 Now, it's been a whole week since Hayden was born. Is life completely crazy and insane with 5 children? I am afraid the answer is yes. But we are happy and adjusting and trying to figure out a new schedule. The kids are ready to go back to school in 2 weeks so that should help out quite a bit. Now we are going to have to start packing up our home. Just a few short weeks and we will be moving into our new home.
Hayden has been eating and sleeping so well. He really is a great baby. Couldn't ask for a better baby. He sleeps well at night. Giving me about 3-4 hours stretches of sleep at night and that has made all the difference. We are in love with him and I keep finding myself taking a million pictures and video of him and the kids. Life can't get better than this.


1 comment:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Congratulations! What a handsome little dude. So glad everything went well for you!