February 18, 2008

I can't belive it


I couldn't believe it. Something happened in the Snyder home. Yesterday I was trying to get the kids ready for their afternoon nap and Keaton came to me and told me he had to go potty. I just told him to go ahead and we would change his diaper afterwards. But he was pretty persistent on telling me that he had to go. So it clicked that he was talking about his "big boy potty chair." So we went into the bathroom and I put him on there and he actually went number 1 and 2. I couldn't believe it. I am not sure if he is still too young to start training so we will have to wait and see. Hopefully this will come pretty easy for the both of us.
I have held back because for a lot of reasons. Maybe he is ready. I had to take this picture because he was so cute just sitting there and talking to himself while he used the potty.

3 comments:

emilyaaa said...

that's such a cute picture!!! i'm a BIG believer in doing it on your child's time-table. if nows the time, then go for it. if it was a one-time thing...don't get down about it. grace did similar things for so long, and i'd think that it was "time" but i waited...and i'm SOOO glad i did! she decided she was ready about 4 weeks ago, and it's been a BREEZE!! few accidents, i don't even have to remind her, etc. so, i think you're smart to just read his cues and go with the flow. you're such a good mom!!!!!!!!

laneyfamily said...

I love that picture of Keaton, so cute!

John and Melanie said...

That's Awesome. How old is he amyway? Cutest picture ever!