April 29, 2008

Flower Pots


Yesterday the boys and I went to Home Depot to buy some flowers. It was such a beautiful day and all my flower pots were sitting empty in the garage so I thought it would be a good day to buy some flowers. I let the boys pick them out. They had a great time helping me out. They are such good helpers.
This morning it was nice outside so we went out and planted our flowers. They had a fun time pulling them out. Keaton's job was to dig the hole to put the flower in and Andrew's was to water them. They thought that was so neat.
The weather here as been really strange. It has played some pretty mean tricks on us all. One day it is really warm and we are wearing shorts and sandals and the next day calls for snow showers. I don't remember April being like this. Keaton always tells the sun, "Come out Sun so we can play with you!" It is pretty cute.

Flowers just brighten up my day. I love having fresh flowers in my home. My mother's house is filled with tons and tons of tulips. It is beautiful at her home this time of year. She has a major green thumb. I hope to learn as much as she does about flowers and yardwork. I really enjoy getting out and getting my hands dirty. I take great pride in our yard. I love having a beautiful home for my family to live in.

No comments: