April 6, 2008

Mission Reunion / Conference weekend

This past weekend we went to Utah for many reasons. The first, my mission reunion which had been in the works for months and it was for the President and Hermana Hadfield, in-laws were flying up from Arizona and last to see extended family and watch Conference. Let me just tell you, my mission conference just made the whole weekend worth it. We arrived into Salt Lake around 5 p.m. so I went straight to Midvale, which is where the reunion was planned. I arrived early to help set up and get things ready. Hermana Emily Ashworth Reid was the first one there with her adorable family. Elder Eric Stevenson showed up early to set up the movie and get the audio working. I just have to say, I have had some of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. I served with the most amazing missionaries who I still to this day keep in touch with.
Hna. Emily Ashworth Reid (first companion in the mission)

Elder Eric Stevenson (incredible missionary)

It was so fun to see so many there. Some I didn't recognize at all and some I just knew who they were, but they were different in that grown-up, mature way. I got to meet the spouses of many and the new little babies of many. I was so sorry that some of my really good friends, some I came all that way just to see didn't make it but oh well, maybe another time. There was tons of food, chilean music, movies and entertainment. It was a great night. Elder Stevenson made a movie for President and Hermana Hadfield showing all the pictures of the missionaries and where they are now.

It was great to see President and Hermana Hadfield. They looked great. It was just so nice to be with them again. In a way it was like we had never left the mission. We all just kinda picked up from where we left off.
We stayed late to visit and at the end we sang Called to Serve Oeste style. Most of us had forgotten the lyrics but we did it and it was fun.

We didn't get home until 1 a.m.. We just had a great time. Thanks everyone for coming. It was so nice to see you all there. Here are some more pictures from the reunion.




We also stayed with Lance's sister Sharlene and her sweet family. It was fun to be with them. His siblings all live next door to each other on "Snyder Avenue" as I like to call it. My in-laws flew up from Mesa to attend Conference and we had a fun night last night just hanging out and talking. We stayed up every night until midnight or later just chatting and laughing about silly stuff. Thanks for letting us stay with you. We love and miss you all. Here are some pictures of our time with them also.



3 comments:

laneyfamily said...

I am so glad that you had alot of fun at your reunion! I heard you didn't come home until like 1 am is this true? Thats great that you got to see alot of old friends. I am glad that you guys made it home safely! See you tomorrow. Who are all of the people in the other pics, just wondering! The other pics of the kids are adorable.

laneyfamily said...

Oh yeah... I enjoy the song by bad company on here- so funny! I feel like it too, SOMETIMES! just kidding!

Michelle said...

What a fun weekend! I bet a lot of people were excited to see you and your family. I am glad you got home safely.