May 15, 2008

A day at the park


Thursdays are alittle quite around this place. Today we went over to my mom's house so the boys could see their grandma before she went to the temple. My mother has worked at the temple every Thursday ever since I can remember. This evening me, my children, my sister and Ava and my brother Justin all loaded up in the car and went to pick up Lance at his office and then headed to McDonalds for Happy Meals. We took them to Merrill's Park and had a great time. It was the first time in a long time since we have done that all together. We had a great time just being together.
I can't believe how perfect the weather was today. It was a little warm. Anyone from a warmer climate will laugh at me when I say it got pretty roasty today with a high of 83 degrees. Yes, it was really warm to me. My boys got alittle sunburnt today. I wasn't thinking at all and forgot the sunscreen and hats.


The park was fun. The kids had fun! We played and played then went over to the greenbelt down by the Boise River and threw rocks in the water. It seems as of lately that is my boys most favorite thing to do. Especially Andrew! When I am at my parents home there is a alittle irrigation ditch or small stream. I am not sure what it is but we tend to go over there quite often to throw rocks in. At the slightest mention of rocks or water Andrew has headed towards the back going towards the ditch.
(My boys playing in their sandbox)

Another one of my children's favorites is the sandbox at my parents home. They love to get in and just play. It is so fun to watch them and just see them interact with each other. I can honestly say I love them more than anything! They are my life! They make me happy ( most of the time ) and they are worth all the hard days we have too!
I took a few fun pictures of my mom with my boys and also with my grandma. Grandma Beard is one of the greatest grandma's anyone could ask for.She is just one of those people who I always thought would live forever and ever. Just this week she was diagnosed with Luekemia and it has been hard for her I know. Emotionally and physically! She is such a brave woman and I love her so much. Hang in there Grandma! We are here for you!

4 comments:

laneyfamily said...

It was a fun evening with you guys, what a great idea you had. when did you take those pics with mom and grandma, they are really cute! Great memories!

Justin Quinn said...

Mel,

I need the pics with mom and the boys! yeah it was a great time, I love being with Andrew and Keaton. When are we going to hang all of the stuff in your house?

Nicole said...

Your family is fun! Your boys are just so cute. They are little men! It is so fun to read your blog! You know that country song about the girl that is always wishing to be in another stage. Well I think I really need to slow down and stop wishing that I was in your fun stage right now! Thanks for the little reminder and I hope that we see each other soon!

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

Hey there! of course I know who you are! Good to hear from you. Your boys are so cute, and your house is beautiful! Glad you are doing great! Marcie