May 19, 2008

Hot days, frogs and green grass

This is the weirdest title but it is true! We are having extremely warm temperatures, the frogs around our house are crazy and we are finally getting green grass. For the past week we have had great weather. It has been really warm for us. The temperature decided to jump 20+ degrees higher and we have been in the low 90's. It has been really crazy. It has hit me really hard. I wonder if I am ready for the hot days ahead of us. The boys love playing outside every chance they get so lately we have been going out in the mornings to play. They just love being together.


Thank goodness our pool is almost ready to swim in. We are hoping it will be done come this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed. It will be a life saver this summer. But they say cooler weather is on its way so that might be nice for alittle big longer. It sure has been an unusual year. All this global warming that is happening. Almost can't tell the seasons apart sometimes.
Since we moved in almost 3 weeks ago we have had tons of frogs around our home. Our home is nestled up against a huge field full of cows, horses and lots of ducks. Now the frogs are coming. I swear we can hear about 30 each night all around our home. I am sitting in our office that faces the front of our home and I have the window open and I can hear one that you would think was just a giant frog but nope, its a baby one. The boys have had a lot of fun watching them and then falling asleep to their crowking each night. I love living in the country. I love the peace that it offers. I didn't really get used to the city life when we lived in Mesa. It was just too busy for me. I am a country girl, that is for sure.

We are starting to notice all the green growing in. We can't wait until we have a yard for the boys to play in and a place for me to start planting. There is nothing like having a place for kids to run around on. Lately we have been over to my parents because there is so much green grass to run around on. A few more weeks and it will be good to go. We have really loved our home. It has been a huge blessing in our lives. We have worked long and hard to be where we are today. We are so thankful to our Heavenly Father who so generously blesses our lives. We are up for visitors. Come and see us!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your house is beautiful. That's great that your boys have been able to enjoy the nice weather. You should post pics of your pool when it is done.